• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Marine Collectors- Waste of Money

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased 3 orders with Marine Collectors. First order fish was swimming upside down after a week.

Second order lost 3 out of 6 fish after a week, these fish were placed in a holding tank separate from display that has been running for months. Skin showing patches and fish swimming erratic.

3rd order cancelled the day after placed and Marine Collectors refused to accept cancellation, this was me paying to replace their fish.

Marine Collectors haan atrocious policy that takes money from you along with shipping cost for services not rendered.

Their policy hopes their poorly quarantined fish that’s rushed to you in 14 days lives long enough to tell you to pound sand. Read their terms carefully before you place an order, you’ve been warned.

Marine Collectors is now keeping close to 500.00 dollars of my money as they refuse to accept cancellations, only reason why I’m cancelling is I don’t want them sending me more poorly “quarantined” fish.

Multiple members came forward with the same experiences and the comments were removed so we can leave feedback.

Overall very terrible customer experience, look elsewhere-

Marine Collectors Terms & Conditions
Purchase with Confidence! Here at Marine Collectors, we strive to supply our customers with only the highest quality livestock available. All livestock is individually hand picked and inspected by expert hobbyists with over 30 years of collective experience. If the fish you purchase does not arrive alive, we'll gladly credit your account or ship you a new one. Free shipping is not applicable on replacement orders. Shipping costs are non-refundable; we are not liable for losses due to shipping delays or acts of god.

We're proud to say that we have over a 99.9% success rate with shipping fish. Out of the 5 years that we've been open and running and thousands upon thousands of fish sent, we've only ever had a few fish arrive DOA. Yes, that even includes boxes delayed and stuck in the mail. DOAs almost never happen; however, in the rare event of a casualty, it's important to know the terms and conditions of our guarantee. Please read carefully! We only cover Dead On Arrival losses (shipping to included on DOA replacements).

-Please do not discard the item without contacting us and receiving confirmation first: doing so will void all guarantees.
-Dead On Arrival(DOA): a message must be submitted within 1 hour of postmarked arrival along with a photo of the lost animal still in the bag.

-It's your responsibility to provide proof of your deceased animal. If we do not receive any form of proof that the animal is lost, we will not credit your account.
-We will cover the cost of replacing the DOA, but all customers are responsible for covering the actual cost of Shipping and an invoice for that shipping will be sent day of shipping your replacement which must be paid before we can schedule.
-You must be available for delivery and must receive the package on the first attempt even if the shipper is late with the package. We'll call, message, or email you to coordinate the best time for you to receive your package.

- All items that are ordered will be held and quarantined for a minimum of 14 days, we'll cover and guarantee any items while in quarantine, unless otherwise stated.

- All items must be shipped after the 14 day quarantine is over. We'll call, message, or email you to schedule shipping. If the fish are not taken after quarantine is completed, we cannot be held responsible for losses. We will always care for the animals to the best of our abilities regardless.

- Please always be 100% sure of your purchase prior to buying. It's always best to do research on the animals you're looking to house. This way it doesn't waste our time, your time, or potentially put an animal at risk.
- We ONLY ship within the continental USA. If you place an order and reside outside of the country, and we don't catch it prior to us collecting the fish for you, you WILL NOT be refunded. If you would like us to ship to a remote location, within the USA, that can be coordinated.

- Once items are purchased, they MUST be taken! We do not issue refunds, cancellations, exchanges, or indulge in any form of buyer's remorse once items have been purchased.

-Once purchased, your fish will generally take 1-5 days to source prior to being quarantined. The total wait time from purchase date to delivery date is typically 2-4 weeks. It may take longer depending on the fish and the difficulties with quarantining.

-Due to COVID delays still effecting shipping, we are currently only shipping FedEx Priority Overnight Monday-Wednesday with Tuesday-Thursday arrivals ***

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back