Marine Compatibility Chart

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Special thanks to ahayes13 for putting this together for us!

Reef 2 Reef - Compatibility Chart

marinechart.JPG

Last edited:

x Sarah x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any chance of this chart being made downloadable in full size? would love to have a copy on my desktop for future reference :smile:

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really what does it matter? It's all about sharing the info for people in the hobby.

For your information it was typed out and done by one of our own mods thank you very much. :) Hard to get different answers to for compatibility....

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Righteous chart! I am so glad I don't have to google it anymore. Pretty soon r2r will have more info than any other place on earth! Future charts to consider:
invert compatibility,
invert/fish compatibility,
fish/coral compatibility,
invert/coral compatibility
Macro/invert compatibility
Macro/fish compatibility
Chemical compatibility (ex: don't mix iodine with...)
And a mixture of all charts combined would require an extra dimension of time and space...get on it rev! Haha

I'll see what I can do about the time/space thing...I know your pretty busy! Haha

"Live like tomorrow already happened. Yesterday is only 3 days ahead. Today will be here soon." And a link to my tanks https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123851

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:bump: This chart is very useful for getting an idea about compatibility with tank mates before buying a new fish.

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a link to a compatibility "chart" that I found a couple of years ago.

The Marine Compatibility Guide

This looks like a newer website (2012), but I'm not sure how updated it is.
The compatibility chart section of the website is operational, but the description, care and images about each specific fish species is a work still in progress.
I have not looked into it too deeply yet, but I will spend some more time looking at it.
You can refine your search by aquarium size, care level, temperament and reef safeness.
I did check to see when tangs are considered compatible in a certain size tank. (75gal minimum)

I thought this website could help out when considering which new fish to add to your aquarium; at least a starting point.
For the new hobbyists, it should help with making your stocking wish lists.
They do have a disclaimer saying this is for guidance and to do further research before purchasing any fish.
For the experienced hobbyists, it's still worth taking a look at.
At least use it to waste a few hours of your day.

I think it needs to become an app, so it can be used to check for those impulse buys.
agree.gif
or
swear.gif

ReefinManhattan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a melanurus wrasse and really want to add a peppermint hogfish (bodianus masuda), but a couple of fish compatibility charts I found on the internet said they are either not compatible or questionable, but this one says they are. Does anybody have an experience with these two fish before I drop $100 bucks on the hogfish? Thanks for the help...

Devnix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i too would love to have this emailed to me or something so i can use it for reference when needed. Is that possible?

zulin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers!

Is there a possibility to attach this chart in full resolution so, we can download it?

Thanks for that useful information!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 26.9%
Back