Marine Depot Elite OverFlow Box - Anybody Using These?

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine-Depot-Elite-OverFlow-Box-w-Holesaw-Drill-Bit-Medium-99.jpg

Looking at this Marine Depot - branded overflow box for a new 90g tank, but having trouble finding anyone who has used them before...

Has anyone used them (small medium or large model) who has any input? Thanks!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a clone of the eshopps eclipse. All seem based on the same underlying crappy design. Not a lot of new thinking LOL. A least the Fiji box has that removable skim box.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a clone of the eshopps eclipse. All seem based on the same underlying crappy design. Not a lot of new thinking LOL. A least the Fiji box has that removable skim box.
The Fiji Cube has the removable internal box AND the external box sits higher (nearly level) with the internal box. I have used the Eshopps AND the Fiji cube. I had to modify the Eshopps to make it quiet and get the waterline above the rim on my tank, but use the Fiji Cube just the way it is.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fiji Cube has the removable internal box AND the external box sits higher (nearly level) with the internal box.

The removable skim box is a nice touch, though not unique to the fiji unit. From the pictures, it does NOT appear that they have fixed the lower external box problem. If I were gong with a 'mass market' overflow I would probably select the fiji - not without its design challenges though.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The removable skim box is a nice touch, though not unique to the fiji unit. From the pictures, it does NOT appear that they have fixed the lower external box problem. If I were gong with a 'mass market' overflow I would probably select the fiji - not without its design challenges though.
The lower external box may not be completely fixed, but it is MUCH better than the Eshopps and Marine Depot overflows. They are like 1.5-2" lower than the internal box. The Fiji Cube is maybe 0.5" and a huge improvement. If I really had a choice and the room, I would go with the EMS overflow. That was the BEST overflow box I have ever used, HANDS DOWN!!

@zatch check out the EMS 32" overflow. I used this on a 75g (nearly identical to the 90g, just shorter). and it was amazing! having the weir go almost the complete length of the tank is great for surface skimming.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • None.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back