Marine Depot Group Buy! 2 Days only! July 7 & 8!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi R2R Members!
reef2reef-Group-Buy.jpg

Save 10% on over 3,875 items at Marine Depot 07/07 and 07/08 with coupon code R2R07.

Spend $200+ in the group buy and we'll add 500 BONUS Marine Depot reward points to your account (this will be tracked through your coupon redemption).

We'll also select 3 random customers from this group buy to receive some additional free goodies—just cuz we love ya! ;Happy

Ready. Set. Shop! ;)

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Will the 10% apply to ATI essentials or is that excluded?

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
They enforce MAP so no price breaks unfortunately. :(

MAP = Minimum Advertised Price aka you can not publicly advertise it at a lower point but does not prevent you from selling it lower. This comes from years of experience dealing with Samsung and Sony MAP products not sure why it's be different. As long as you're not advertising the specific item then you are within MAP guidelines.

IMG_2667.PNG

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
MAP = Minimum Advertised Price aka you can not publicly advertise it at a lower point but does not prevent you from selling it lower. This comes from years of experience dealing with Samsung and Sony MAP products not sure why it's be different. As long as you're not advertising the specific item then you are within MAP guidelines.

There are certainly tricks to getting around MAP, like using coupons or "add to cart to get special price," as a couple of examples. But we operate in a rather niche industry. It doesn't take long for word to get back to a brand as our competitors watch us pretty closely. Is it worth damaging our relationship with innovative partners like Hanna, EcoTech Marine, or Neptune Systems to move a few extra units (at lower margins)? Generally speaking, no. We prefer to take the long view. We value mutually beneficial and respectful relationships with the companies we work with. We want to help each other grow and succeed. Not to mention, MAP violators can have their supply completely cut off ... which could put us at a competitive disadvantage. In short, we try to practice the "Golden Rule."

Jeff @ Marine Depot

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back