Marine Depot out of business?

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an e-mail saying that Marine Depot was no longer accepting orders starting July 1st.

BRS was mentioned in the e-mail. Wonder if BRS took their market share and they decided to close.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an e-mail saying that Marine Depot was no longer accepting orders starting July 1st.

BRS was mentioned in the e-mail. Wonder if BRS took their market share and they decided to close.
BRS acquire MD. They probably took on an equity partner a few months ago to do this very thing.

definitely a bummer for a lot of reasons.

WHITEWOLF7417

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to BRS it was something that MD and BRS had been talking about. I think it's great news as MD didn't have the builds and videos that BRS has for newer reefers.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if theyre going to be taking over the wholesale aspect of marine depot out in california too?

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that is a drag. I've purchased from both BRS and MD but I have purchased quite a bit more from MD because it is much closer and shipping out of Atlanta is about 2 days to my house. I've always had great service from MD.

Last edited:

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an email from MD explaining the whole thing, said they'll honor gift cards and warranty on things bought before the 23rd (today) but nothing bought though MD after that point. i've been shopping with MD long before BRS was even a company and always had good dealings with them, BRS came along around 2007 and had amazing prices on GFO......they slowly expanded to other 'chemicals' and then they turned into a company of greed and prices skyrocketed........... oh well, there are plenty of other online retailers who are more then happy to take the business MD sold out.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give it 15 years max before BRS itself is bought out by Amazon or something.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back