Marineland 60 Gallon drilling & overflow information

Dillon Deville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have a brand new Marineland 60 (48x13x24 ) gallon that I want to upgrade my reef into and thus I would like to drill it and install bulkheads and an overflow. I admit I am a total noob when it comes to drilling, plumbing, and all that as I have just an AIO right now. I would just like to information on how to start this process up. Just how exactly to find out where to drill holes, I would prefer to do a side overflow, where to get the overflow exactly, etc.

Thanks

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Confirm if the bottom is tempered, most likely it is. Pick a bulkhead so you know what size hole to drill. Search you tube videos on how to

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What pump are you going to use? For most pumps a 3/4 bulk head will work and be compatible with lock line fittings.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled my first tank last month. I got the Medium eshopps overflow, which comes with the drill bit and bulkhead and drill guide you need to connect the overflow. For the return hole, I bought a 3/4 drill bit at Home Depot.

I was glad that the drill bit and guide was provided with the overflow, made the whole process easier

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back