OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on 2 tanks to cycle is double boring, ugh.

20191219_113955.jpg

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did you start your tank? From dates and pictures I can have an impression that you started a month ago and now you have so many corals there? If so, did you just buy them at once and just put there?

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did you start your tank? From dates and pictures I can have an impression that you started a month ago and now you have so many corals there? If so, did you just buy them at once and just put there?
Yea it was about a month ago, I upgraded from a 40 breeder and had all the coral in that tank.

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it too risky to put all that stuff to such a new tank? I started my tank on thanksgiving, the same size and it looks similar in terms of scaping. I just add blenny and clown, no corals at all and I think I will not add any coral for at least a month, even anemone for clown. This is what I learnt here and from other sources. I am confused now :/ Are you just risking or is there a hidden path to achieve such a beautiful tank like yours in a such short period of time?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you did something wrong, I am just surprised that I see such a nice tank in a such short period of time, when all I can see on this forum is "patience is a key to success" :)

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never do this on a brand new build but as the rock was already established and it was just a transfer of tanks plus my biological media, I feel it's perfectly fine. I used some of the water from my old setup and also added some new bacteria just incase. Everything is doing great so far and all my parameters are in check. Patience really is the key, I had to have that on my 40 breeder lol.

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am about to install the eshopps eclipse large on my marineland 75 gallon as well.
My sump is a trigger systems crystal 36, Jebao DCP-5000 pump.
I plan on installing two returns, Eclipse box in center of tank and a return on each side of it. Are you guys using 3/4 return lines?
Any recommendations on a quality bulkhead and return kit for the return lines?
Also, I am not sure of the diamond whole saw size i need to drill the return lines.

PS: this is my first post to R2R!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,

I am about to install the eshopps eclipse large on my marineland 75 gallon as well.
I plan on installing two returns, Eclipse box in center of tank and a return on each side of it. Are you guys using 3/4 return lines?
Also, I am not sure of the diamond whole saw size i need to drill the return lines.

#WelcometoR2R!!!

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Welcome! Yes I used 3/4in return line and I purchased my bulkheads from either amazon or BRS.
Here is a list of the sizes you need for 3/4 returns. Looks like 35mm bit is what you need.

SeZMehK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. You could have put a board across the top of your stand to have an even surface. That is what I did with my DIY stand.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back