Marineland pro protein skimmer up to 300 gal

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
So I got this big guy for free today it’s brand new I know it won’t fit my tank to big lol so is the question is are they even worth anything? It’s this brand. Are they worth trying to trade in?

BCF48BA4-CEF0-4358-A229-4CB6A2027AD6.jpeg

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had very good experience with marineland products and im runnings one of their HOBs on my nano tank. however i have never heard of a marineland skimmer. tread carefully. u can be R2Rs guinea pig for this tho, if its free take it and try it.

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
i have had very good experience with marineland products and im runnings one of their HOBs on my nano tank. however i have never heard of a marineland skimmer. tread carefully. u can be R2Rs guinea pig for this tho, if its free take it and try it.
Well the one i got is way to big it’s rated up to 300gallons I only have a 30gal tank lol so I wonder if I post on my local forms to trade for maybe a smaller one or is it barley worth a frag?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marineland is on the low end for aquarium products. All of their stuff is pretty cheap to buy and most of their stuff works ok but is ok for the very low prices. Just looking at the skimmer I can tell you the design is not that great. This is just being honest and I use their hob filter for freshwater and my qt system. Their stuff has never been great by anymeans

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
marineland is on the low end for aquarium products. All of their stuff is pretty cheap to buy and most of their stuff works ok but is ok for the very low prices. Just looking at the skimmer I can tell you the design is not that great. This is just being honest and I use their hob filter for freshwater and my qt system. Their stuff has never been great by anymeans
So maybe pass it to someone for free that’s actually doing a big build

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a good idea, this can be good for someone on a budget that may want to upgrade in the future. It will add oxygen to the water even if it doesnt perform too well.
If you do sell I think the best way to sell it would be ebay auction. Someone will probably buy it because they dont know much about skimmers and it is new (hopefully in box).

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Thats a good idea, this can be good for someone on a budget that may want to upgrade in the future. It will add oxygen to the water even if it doesnt perform too well.
If you do sell I think the best way to sell it would be ebay auction. Someone will probably buy it because they dont know much about skimmers and it is new (hopefully in box).
Yeah true it’s still in box brand new box doesn’t even have a dent I’ll just pass it along might even be good for someone as a back up thanks for your help and honesty!

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back