Marineland reef led or marineland advanced led

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by mandi29221, Feb 9, 2018.

1. mandi29221

mandi29221 Active Member

Which one is better? The marineland reef led light? Or the marineland advanced led light? Or input your opinion of the best light. I'm doing a 75 gallon reef tank, with a 29 gallon sump. I already have the 24 inch reef light for my tiny tank and I LOVE IT

Tags:

2. Cory

Cory Valuable Member R2R Supporter Article Contributor

What are the main differences? Ime marineland doesnt make high quality stuff. How much is the light?

3. mandi29221

mandi29221 Active Member

Well the reef is 367$ for the 48 inch and the advanced is 170$

4. madweazl

madweazl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I dont think either is the way you want to proceed if you intend to establish a "reef" in your 75g. I have an 75g (48x18x21) and if I had to light it over again, I'd have gone with three Kessil A360WEs (I used two in the beginning and later supplemented with a pair of 54w T5s) or three Radion XR15s if I were to stick with LEDs (they've worked well for me with no reason to change). If I were on a budget, it would be a pair of 16" black box (likely SBReef as I had decent results with them before switching to Kessil).

Cory and Justfebreezeit like this.
  5. Cory

Cory Valuable Member R2R Supporter Article Contributor

The advanced is more a freshwater model. These are not good lights for the money.

Id even consider buying a used kessil, radion, or aqua illumination for that price.

Draft saved Draft deleted