Marks on my yellow tang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dromo2189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i just notice my yellow tang has marks on him. Can this be cause of a battle he had with my sailfin? They get into it once and awhile. The sailfin is currently top dog in the tank and kinda a bully and the yellow tang battle him. I have a 125 gallon tank
IMG_2211.JPG

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from your picture. Are you talking about the wide center line across the body of the fish? That's all I can see in the pic, and yellow tangs have this marking that is more pronounced at different times. They can change color based on mood and night camouflage needs. I don't see any injury marks. Maybe someone else here can see what I'm missing and can be of more help.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from your picture. Are you talking about the wide center line across the body of the fish? That's all I can see in the pic, and yellow tangs have this marking that is more pronounced at different times. They can change color based on mood and night camouflage needs. I don't see any injury marks. Maybe someone else here can see what I'm missing and can be of more help.

Same here. Looks like a happy tang to me from the pictures.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back