Marks on purple tang

Tw1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my purple tang in QT for 4 weeks now. He’s quite shy. I’ve not noticed any marks on him, so haven’t treated him with anything. so I took the hiding places out then noticed some marks on his face, can anybody identify them for me please?

Looks like a perfect straight line of white spots.

73c0e2831fded68129525b0d0d902fdf.png

OP
OP
Tw1

Tw1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So moving him into the DT wouldn’t harm then? Plenary more opportunity for food there.

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about 2.5 months ago I purchased a purple tang that looked much much worse, I stupidly didn't take any pictures. For what its worth, I was worried that he had HLLE and would scar or not recuperate, however, in 3 to 4 weeks which included TTM and QT, he recovered. I fed him a ton of seaweed (twofishes to be exact). The little guy recovered and he is awesome, beautiful really, no signs of HLLE. Make sure he is eating well before you put him in your DT. But no, putting him in the DT will not harm him. Infact, its possible with better water quality he'll recover. Let us know!

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally run all fish through meds no matter what. It was a tang that caused my velvet/ich combo that wiped out my tank and no tang goes in my tank for a minimum of 8 weeks anymore. If you are comfortable it is disease free, then go ahead and add it. I would not add it without meds or more observation. If it came from a tank with low level copper it could easily not show signs for a month or longer. My opinion if you want to observe only, a few more weeks of observation is a lot better than a 76 day fallow period later if the fish ends up showing signs of ich after being put in the DT.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back