Marlon's WaterBox Reef LX 230.5

JamieB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I’ve been Dr Tim cycling and it’s taken 3/4 weeks for the ammonia & nitrite to drop below 1ppm... it’s taking forever, very frustrating!

I researched and followed instructions to the letter.
The only difference was I started with Red Sea live sand.
Although I measured ammonia as 0 even after live sand added...

I’ll be really interested to see how long your cycle takes.

I feel very cheated with Dr Tim

have you already added some ammonia once?

Jamie

OP
OP
M

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jamie, I have added the ammonia once and will be adding more today. I have read about people who had the same issue and some people added more bacteria into the tank. I bought some microbactra 7 to add if I see that the cycle is stalled. I will be adding it into the system anyways but if needed will use for the cycle.

Agirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you provide a depth measurement for the electronics enclosure? I'm wondering if my Neptune stuff would fit in there, namely the DOS which is 5 inches deep... Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you provide a depth measurement for the electronics enclosure? I'm wondering if my Neptune stuff would fit in there, namely the DOS which is 5 inches deep... Thanks!
Hi Agirgen, sorry for the delay. The depth is 5 inches, 7 if you do not put the side panel back on. The stand comes with two panels that you can mount for controllers and those will eat up your depth. See the pic.

Attachments

• 20210527_070848.jpg
    20210527_070848.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20210527_070903.jpg
    20210527_070903.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 99

Agirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Agirgen, sorry for the delay. The depth is 5 inches, 7 if you do not put the side panel back on. The stand comes with two panels that you can mount for controllers and those will eat up your depth. See the pic.
Thanks for the reply! This is the one (small) thing I don't think they got perfect. I wish this was deeper. If I understand you correctly, there is a back panel (7 inches depth) then a second panel to mount your electronics to which is 5 inches deep? So there is a void between them for cable management etc?

Bones06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! This is the one (small) thing I don't think they got perfect. I wish this was deeper. If I understand you correctly, there is a back panel (7 inches depth) then a second panel to mount your electronics to which is 5 inches deep? So there is a void between them for cable management etc?
Can you choose not to mount the panel?

OP
OP
M

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you choose not to mount the panel?
Yes, the two panels do not have to be used. You can mount everything on the back panel. In waterbox's youtube video they actually mounted everything in the back of the tank and only used the control box for some controllers.

Bones06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the two panels do not have to be used. You can mount everything on the back panel. In waterbox's youtube video they actually mounted everything in the back of the tank and only used the control box for some controllers.
Thanks for the info! I really want to use aluminum shelving. Does anyone know the size of the extruded aluminum for the stand?

1622211428108.jpeg

1622211618849.jpeg

Bondesen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marlon_Holland Love the tank. Scaping looks phenomenal.
I have ordered the same tank model. And it is due to arrive Monday. Unfortunately my electrician and plumber is coming tomorrow. I have been trying to get Waterbox to forward the measurements of the backpanel cutouts. But they are unvilling to provide them. Would love to be able to place electrical outlets and ATO/AWC water supply at hight and distance that correspond with existing airflow cutouts in the panel. So that I don't have to make new holes in the cabinet.

Would you happen to have those measurement?

Pls excuse my poor English. I am Danish :)

Bones06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered the same tank model. And it is due to arrive Monday. Unfortunately my electrician and plumber is coming tomorrow. I have been trying to get Waterbox to forward the measurements of the backpanel cutouts. But they are unvilling to provide them. Would love to be able to place electrical outlets and ATO/AWC water supply at hight and distance that correspond with existing airflow cutouts in the panel. So that I don't have to make new holes in the cabinet.

Hey there, I might be able to help you deduce some measurements based on the instructions and the technical measurements. Probably won’t be exact but would probably be close enough for government work ;)

What are you looking for, just the 4 circular holes at the top along with the wide U opening?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello Bondesen here are the measurements, these are rough but if you place everything in the middle of these measurements you will be fine.

Attachments

• 20210528_143012.jpg
    20210528_143012.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 95

Bondesen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marlon_Holland and @Bones06
Thank you very much Sirs! Exactly what I was looking for. I don't need exact, just approximate. Perfekt.
Thank you the both of you for taking your time to reply :)
Looking forward to sharing tank experiences here!

OP
OP
M

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, just a quick update. I am still cycling the tank, but have introduced some test corals. I saw this on prestige reefs, a guy a follow on YouTube so I said why not give it a try. I am using some palys and a mushroom leather coral to see how it goes. Have some diatoms growing but I am fine with that. Still have some nitrite but ammonia is zero.

Attachments

• 20210605_092629.jpg
    20210605_092629.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210605_092623.jpg
    20210605_092623.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210605_092614.jpg
    20210605_092614.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 81

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back