Maroon clown bullied by cherub angelfish?

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think my cherub angelfish pair is bothering my new maroon clown. He is currently single since I’m trying to grow him out alone into a female, but he seems to have some nipping on his tail. (Video with lights on morning, and without light from tonight). Is that a normal part? I’ve read that maroons were too aggressive so I added last but he seems to be getting bullied for now. Will that eventually stop? They don’t chasing him around all day or anything but one of them comes up to him and swims strangely sometimes

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    25 MB
  • IMG_4290.MOV
    14.4 MB

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All new fish gets bullied in the first few days/weeks till the picking order establishes.
you don’t seems to have many fish in that tank so if it doesn’t settle in few weeks I would add more fish to spread aggression.
good old trick woks every time (almost). Put fish there matches your angel’s size

OP
OP
R

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All new fish gets bullied in the first few days/weeks till the picking order establishes.
you don’t seems to have many fish in that tank so if it doesn’t settle in few weeks I would add more fish to spread aggression.
good old trick woks every time (almost). Put fish there matches your angel’s size
I have two cherub angels, lawnmower blenny, watchman goby, canary blenny, banghai cardinal and a damsel. My old female ocellaris used to own the tank but I moved her to a smaller tank so the maroon could have the larger tank.

OP
OP
R

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t want to go too off topic but can you share how you paired your Cherubs?
They are sort of inverse clownfish. They start female and the dominant becomes male. I got them when they were really small. At the beginning they would chase each other off, so I provided a ton of caves to hide and break lines of sight. Now they eat together, explore caves after each other, and BOTHER THE LIVING HELL out of a 4 stripe damsel together. Not even mad about it, since it use to bully them when younger haha

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha glad it’s worked out for you. How long have you had them and how big were they when you got them? I think it’s mainly because they have claimed a territory for themselves already and the Maroon Clown’s still small. Maybe it will get better once it gains some size on the angels but I’d say be prepared to remove and reintroduce if it gets worse.

OP
OP
R

Ramses0314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha glad it’s worked out for you. How long have you had them and how big were they when you got them? I think it’s mainly because they have claimed a territory for themselves already and the Maroon Clown’s still small. Maybe it will get better once it gains some size on the angels but I’d say be prepared to remove and reintroduce if it gets worse.
The cherubs were about an inch when first got them and it’s been 8-9 months. They were with a really dominant female ocellaris clown that had a pair, she gave Any fish a look and they would dart to the caves lol. Introduced the young maroon and removed the other clowns on same day

Back