OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank was restarted on the 26 th Dec. some corals looked really bad due to being moved and staying that long out of water... luckily they all healed with very minor losses. i made a few changes in coral positions and minor changes in the rockwork mostly on right island and here's how it looked on the 8th Jan 2017 after a minor bacterial bloom I had, resolved.

_DSC6179.jpg

_DSC6210.jpg

IMAG1337.jpg

IMAG1338.jpg

View from left

IMAG1340.jpg

View from Right
IMAG1334.jpg

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snorkel masks available next to the tank (use those sometimes when gluing corals :) ) you just need to make the trip here :)

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Maroun. Congratulations. The tank looks great! It is difficult to get how stressful this move had to be. The result is excellent.

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Maroun. Congratulations. The tank looks great! It is difficult to get how stressful this move had to be. The result is excellent.

Thanks Janci, indeed the thread doesnt really reflect how difficult and stressful the move was. What added to the complexity was that i had relocated to Dubai and had limited time to be at home. So everything had to be carefully planned in a short time with priority given to functional things that had to be finished while im there with no room to delay them till my next visit. Things like woodwork, coral positioning... Could wait but plumbing electrical, filtration... Simply had to be done. The fact that im updating the thread 3 months later makes it look easy but there was a constant concern of fish or corals being lost as everything was aqueezed into a single holding tank with new lighting my corals werent used to and less visibility to my wife whobhad to go down to the basement few times a day for a month to make sure all was good. Luckily fish losses were limited to a coupke fish stuck in rocks that didnt fit in the holding tank when failure happened. Most of my corals lookes bad after the 3 hours dry scaping as they were out of water but all of them were back to normal colors and growth after 2-3 weeks. I only lost one suharsonoi which was neber doing well to start with.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad that you and your wife were able to get help quickly to minimize losses and damage. Having been through this ourselves, we understand the difficulties, stress and hard work that were required to get to where you are today.

The new tank is AMAZING and You guys should be very proud of your accomplishments under such adversity. We look forward to following your new journey for many years to come...

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad that you and your wife were able to get help quickly to minimize losses and damage. Having been through this ourselves, we understand the difficulties, stress and hard work that were required to get to where you are today.

The new tank is AMAZING and You guys should be very proud of your accomplishments under such adversity. We look forward to following your new journey for many years to come...

Thanks.
Remember when you had your issues with the tank... Its definitely not happy times. Luckily its all behind now. I just cant waot for the tank to fill up and mature to the look i have in mind.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few weeks after tank restart most SPS were doing great and a few that browned out during temporary storage had already regained their colors and showing signs of growth.
these shots were taken around Feb Mar.

Mystic montipora had lost most color, recovered nicely.

_DSC6284.jpg

Blue oregon tort looking at its best

_DSC6630.jpg

DSC_6757.jpg

wwc Tricolor Valida
_DSC6633.jpg

DSC_6753.jpg

Chillipepper got broken to pieces during the move. showing signs of growth already

DSC_6850.jpg

SSC colored up and growing
_DSC6998.jpg

An old accro i had in my previous tank in 2010 which I lost and recovered a tiny frag a year back. finally exploding in growth
_DSC7006.jpg

Yellow Tipped green accro
_DSC6958.jpg

No final ID on this one but didn't even loose it's colors after the shift to and from temporary holding tank.
_DSC6952.jpg

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setosa back in growth and coloration mode.
DSC_6677.jpg

Blue matrix had many broken branches from the move but I'm sure it'll be back to its glory in no time
DSC_6711.jpg

Tricolor valida was reduced to a crust after the move but it's colored up and I'm sure will be growing fast in coming weeks.
_DSC6986.jpg

Rosaria growing from a single branch frag and coloring up.
DSC_6716.jpg

Sunset monti on sand bed filled up the plug and growing fast. wan't affected by the move at all.
DSC_6806.jpg

2 purle monti frags finally in growth and one in the back showing a nice color pop and much faster growth (guess it is the one staying in the tank :)

_DSC6652.jpg

Green monti regrew its scroll that was broken
_DSC6977.jpg

monti Digitata growing from a single small branch frag
DSC_6715.jpg

Red monti frag finally growing and coloring up.
DSC_6779.jpg

A frag I once got and got confused with 2-3 other frags so not sure about the ID and its grown a lot but didn't color up to ID it. not sure whether to remove or keep.
_DSC7034_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One baby blue red sea accro which browned ot since I acquired it is finally showing color change.
DSC_6726.jpg

couple corals not looking well after the move.

Purple haze monti that lost colors, it's actually more white in real life than in pic.

DSC_6857.jpg

Purple efflo with some die off in the center gtting some algae growth. I also lost a fe frags of green efflow I had as well. also a frag of forest fire digitata seen to the front is nearly lost. will see how those progress in coming weeks.
DSC_6788.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Amazing progress Maroun.
You can teach me some of that chemistry when in Dubai.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good-looking pics, bro! Glad everything seems to be looking happy!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice updates! Happy to see everything trending in the right direction

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics Maroun! So glad to see your corals are coloring back up and in growth mode again...

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply amazing and inspiring! Well done all around!

Wow. Amazing progress Maroun.
You can teach me some of that chemistry when in Dubai.

Good-looking pics, bro! Glad everything seems to be looking happy!

Nice updates! Happy to see everything trending in the right direction

Great pics Maroun! So glad to see your corals are coloring back up and in growth mode again...

Thanks all. its definitely a great feeling seeing these corals color up and grow again which tells me I did a right choice not stopping the tank after the leak. so hoping the misfortunes end here. Which unfortunately isn't the case as I head for another major setback that I'll document shortly;Rage.
So to finish with how the corals are doing and a few additions.

Red planet back to growth and colors. I still love this coral and can't wait to have the colony size I had in my previous tan in 2010
DSC_6799.jpg

added a Psammacora and an anacropora

DSC_6688.jpg

_DSC6611.jpg

all my chalices have continued to improve even the ones that were doing bad before the tank failure. a few of them.

Psychedellic chalice
_DSC6595.jpg

_DSC6285.jpg

_DSC6602.jpg

_DSC6972.jpg

_DSC6975.jpg

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A chalice I picked up that was looking on its way out just because I saw some potential in it. recovered and turned up to b e a beauty.
_DSC6020.jpg

_DSC6604.jpg

_DSC6971.jpg

And a rainbow chalice frag I scored
DSC_6691.jpg

_DSC6609.jpg

Made my Acans garden which will take a few months to fill up a look good. still looking for a few nice frags as well

DSC_6871.jpg

DSC_6810.jpg

DSC_6813.jpg

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncans still growing. from a 2 head frag:
DSC_6871.jpg

Meteor shower up from a couple of polyps frag:

_DSC6624.jpg

Couple Aussie Scolys improving as they never did well in my tank.
DSC_6822.jpg

And a new addition:
_DSC6981.jpg

a single head blasto I got 3-4 years ago. I coulud never keep those in any of my tanks for the last 10 years. Finally growing new heads and looking great.
Considering finding a few more ones and having a blasto garden.

_DSC6969.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back