MarvinsReef 90g Clownfish & Anemone Tank...

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by MarvinsReef, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef Clownfish Aficionado R2R Supporter

Thanks M&T. same here.. hope to be drama free for at least a few months. haha...

the group shot is awesome coz you can see how much smaller the others are compared to the bigger ones. Hush (the smallest one on the pic), I've had for 5mos and approx 9mos old but haven't grown much. hopefully, since he's been upgraded in status on the hierarchy, he'll grow faster now. I currently have (8) Picasso's, (1) Platinum, (1) Phantom in the 90g. (3) WW and (2) Phantoms are gonna be added in the next month or two. :)

2. MarvinsReef

this male Banggai cardinal is a trooper. went through 2 tank moves and didn't let go of the eggs. the eggs were transferred on 01-28-13. my tank leaked on 02-06-13 so I had to scoop him up to take him out and then again, to take him back in the new tank. 2nd scoop out/in was on 02-22-13. I wouldn't have been surprise if he did let go of the eggs in his mouth during these stressful times but he didn't. a few days ago, I saw something dangling in his mouth so I looked very closely. still not really sure so I took the camera out with the macro and these shots turned out pretty good. eggs or the youngin's are born already?? I'm not really sure. I know that they hold the eggs for 4-5 weeks. it's about that time so maybe the eggs hatched already?? they sure do look like little Banggai's to me on the 1st pic. :confused:

what say yah?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MarvinsReef

look what we have here.. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

[video=youtube;eX2v8F9MLiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2v8F9MLiM[/video]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gfox

gfox Valuable Member

Congrads on the new baby Marv.How old do you think it is?

5. MarvinsReef

have no idea. :confused:

this was a surprise to me earlier when I got home from work. kids were so excited to see the little guy. I dunno if any will survive since I don't have anything to feed them but I will be getting some cyclops in the next day or two. need to read up on them a little more. :)

6. creefer

creefer Valuable Member

Very cool. Interested to see how this works for you.

7. skinz78

skinz78 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus

Very cool little guy Marvin! How many are there, just the one?

8. MarvinsReef

Thanks. yeah, me too. hope it works out somehow that some will survive so I can find them new homes. :)

Thank you Chris. so far, just the one as my males mouth is still full. I hope he lets go of them tonight as I'm getting a little worried about him. he's getting skinny. I'm sure he's looking forward to eating soon. and I hope to see a few more baby Banggai's on the BTA's tomorrow.

9. ReefPops

ReefPops Well-Known Member R2R Excellence Award

That is awesome! You just inspired me to get a pair of banggai this week. I had been contemplating it, but seeing little guy it just amazing. Congratulations and can't wait to hear about the little guy and hopefully some more brothers and sisters. All the pics and video are awesome. I would agree, looks like little babies in his mouth for sure.

10. MarvinsReef

:hammer:

go for it Chrissie. I've always pictured these guys having babies in the tank and hanging out in the BTA's. I've heard and read about it but now I've experienced it first hand. really cool experience. :) I hope to see a few more babies tomorrow, hopefully. thanks for the kudos about the pics and vids. as you can see, there's not a dull moment in this tank. I plan on taking a hiatus with posting pics and vids but something always seem to happen that I have to catch on pics and/or vids.

11. skinz78

skinz78 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus

Hey Marvin, just a thought but I do remember someone placing them in their sump and they lived off the little pods and stuff in there. IIRC he didn't loose any of them at all.

12. MarvinsReef

I don't think I have much pods in the sump atm since it's practically a new tank. and I currently have a filter sock going to keep the water clear during the first few weeks. I'm actually hoping that the filter sock will catch some of the babies or the babies would stay in the overflow.. wishful thinking but you never know. maybe when they spawn again, I'll be more prepared and the tank will be a little older just in case I decide to raise some in the sump. I'm sure it'll be an adventure trying to catch the little guys though. thanks a bunch for the suggestion. I'm hoping that at least a few will survive in the main tank with the BTA's protection. :confused:

13. Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My! R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Moderator Emeritus

Wow Marvin! The banggai pics and video are just TOO COOL! Could you use a net breeder to contain them?

14. MarvinsReef

I actually have some breeder nets in the garage. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

15. Titus

Titus Active Member R2R Supporter

My LFS had some breed in his reef display tank. He managed to catch 5 or 6 and placed them in a breeders net. He successfully raised them there off of live baby brine.

16. MarvinsReef

Thanks. I'm looking up info about raising brine. might try it out. :)

17. ReefPops

How are the baby/babies doing?

18. MarvinsReef

As of tonight, I don't see anymore babies. :(

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

19. ReefPops

That's so sad. So sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll get another round soon, at least I'm hoping you will :)

20. straightjiggy10

straightjiggy10 ACAN LORD JIGGY! R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award

WOW, Its been a while since I have seen this thread! I must say I'm still impressed...
    Sorry to hear of all your issues with tank and stand! I too have had a very bad loss both my clowns in my avi was being held for me and i just got them back after the move to FL i settled in set up a 40br holding tank and i got them a Large torch that stung them both pretty bad and i noticed too late wounds was infected tried to treat but :( anyways enough about me congrats on over coming all those obstacles the tank looks amazing and i am a sucka for the clowns and nems! I will stay tuned! How many clowns in all?

Draft saved Draft deleted