MarvinsReef 90g Clownfish & Anemone Tank...

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look what we have here.. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

[video=youtube;eX2v8F9MLiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2v8F9MLiM[/video]

02-26-13Baby1_zps7d268fe0.jpg

02-26-13Baby2_zpsf0fd0751.jpg

02-26-13Baby3_zpse98f90b1.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrads on the new baby Marv.How old do you think it is?
have no idea. :confused:

this was a surprise to me earlier when I got home from work. kids were so excited to see the little guy. I dunno if any will survive since I don't have anything to feed them but I will be getting some cyclops in the next day or two. need to read up on them a little more. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Interested to see how this works for you.
Thanks. yeah, me too. hope it works out somehow that some will survive so I can find them new homes. :)

Very cool little guy Marvin! How many are there, just the one?
Thank you Chris. so far, just the one as my males mouth is still full. I hope he lets go of them tonight as I'm getting a little worried about him. he's getting skinny. I'm sure he's looking forward to eating soon. and I hope to see a few more baby Banggai's on the BTA's tomorrow.

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome! You just inspired me to get a pair of banggai this week. I had been contemplating it, but seeing little guy it just amazing. Congratulations and can't wait to hear about the little guy and hopefully some more brothers and sisters. All the pics and video are awesome. I would agree, looks like little babies in his mouth for sure.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome! You just inspired me to get a pair of banggai this week. I had been contemplating it, but seeing little guy it just amazing. Congratulations and can't wait to hear about the little guy and hopefully some more brothers and sisters. All the pics and video are awesome. I would agree, looks like little babies in his mouth for sure.
:hammer:

go for it Chrissie. I've always pictured these guys having babies in the tank and hanging out in the BTA's. I've heard and read about it but now I've experienced it first hand. really cool experience. :) I hope to see a few more babies tomorrow, hopefully. thanks for the kudos about the pics and vids. as you can see, there's not a dull moment in this tank. I plan on taking a hiatus with posting pics and vids but something always seem to happen that I have to catch on pics and/or vids.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marvin, just a thought but I do remember someone placing them in their sump and they lived off the little pods and stuff in there. IIRC he didn't loose any of them at all.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marvin, just a thought but I do remember someone placing them in their sump and they lived off the little pods and stuff in there. IIRC he didn't loose any of them at all.
I don't think I have much pods in the sump atm since it's practically a new tank. and I currently have a filter sock going to keep the water clear during the first few weeks. I'm actually hoping that the filter sock will catch some of the babies or the babies would stay in the overflow.. wishful thinking but you never know. maybe when they spawn again, I'll be more prepared and the tank will be a little older just in case I decide to raise some in the sump. I'm sure it'll be an adventure trying to catch the little guys though. thanks a bunch for the suggestion. I'm hoping that at least a few will survive in the main tank with the BTA's protection. :confused:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Marvin! The banggai pics and video are just TOO COOL! Could you use a net breeder to contain them?

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have some breeder nets in the garage. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
My LFS had some breed in his reef display tank. He managed to catch 5 or 6 and placed them in a breeders net. He successfully raised them there off of live baby brine.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS had some breed in his reef display tank. He managed to catch 5 or 6 and placed them in a breeders net. He successfully raised them there off of live baby brine.
Thanks. I'm looking up info about raising brine. might try it out. :)

JiggyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, Its been a while since I have seen this thread! I must say I'm still impressed...
Sorry to hear of all your issues with tank and stand! I too have had a very bad loss both my clowns in my avi was being held for me and i just got them back after the move to FL i settled in set up a 40br holding tank and i got them a Large torch that stung them both pretty bad and i noticed too late wounds was infected tried to treat but :( anyways enough about me congrats on over coming all those obstacles the tank looks amazing and i am a sucka for the clowns and nems! I will stay tuned! How many clowns in all?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's so sad. So sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll get another round soon, at least I'm hoping you will :)
hopefully, not too soon. as of now, I'm just letting the tank recover from the moves. probably not much happening for the next 2-3 mos at least. so happy that golf season is around the corner as my patience is gonna get tested in the next couple of weeks. I'll just keep the routine maintenance and try to keep busy with other things. this hobby really test yah as when you can't add anything in your tank is when some things you've been looking for a while becomes available.

WOW, Its been a while since I have seen this thread! I must say I'm still impressed...
Sorry to hear of all your issues with tank and stand! I too have had a very bad loss both my clowns in my avi was being held for me and i just got them back after the move to FL i settled in set up a 40br holding tank and i got them a Large torch that stung them both pretty bad and i noticed too late wounds was infected tried to treat but :( anyways enough about me congrats on over coming all those obstacles the tank looks amazing and i am a sucka for the clowns and nems! I will stay tuned! How many clowns in all?
man.. so sorry to hear about your troubles, esp losing your clowns. I know you've had them for a while. :(

my clowns are doing well but I'm sure they are still recovering from the move and getting used to their new environment. they're also reworking things with the hierarchy as I let go of some of the oldest and more dominant ones. I'm down to 8 Picasso's, 1 Platinum, and 1 Phantom in the main tank. 3 WW and 2 Phantoms are currently in my son's tank. they will go in the main tank probably next month. so 15 clowns total compared to over 20 I had before. I also had to let go of a few other fishes to lessen the bioload.

overall, I'm pretty happy with how the tank is coming along though. the waiting game is the hardest part but I just have to be patient. keeping up with the water change once/week and getting to know the tank more and develop a routine based on the schedule. thanks for checking in. :)

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so happy that golf season is around the corner as my patience is gonna get tested in the next couple of weeks.

:) Me too, Marvin! Well, it's golf season almost all year long down here, but you know that our tanks do best when we just sit back, do routine maintenance on the tanks and let them do their own thing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back