MarvinsReef 90g Clownfish & Anemone Tank...

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) Me too, Marvin! Well, it's golf season almost all year long down here, but you know that our tanks do best when we just sit back, do routine maintenance on the tanks and let them do their own thing!

Very true. But man, really.. things (BTA's and clowns for me) starts showing up when you're not looking for them. hahaha...

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright but I warning you Im not any good. Beers are on me though :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright but I warning you Im not any good. Beers are on me though :)

LoL. Not that good either. Bogey golf and I'm fine with it. Occassional dip into 80's if I play more than 2-3x/week. Did shoot high 70's last season. I don't think I play enough to shoot consistent 80's so I'm not too hard on myself. Just having fun on the course. Sorry, but I don't drink beer. I'll take you up on some Coke&Pepsi though. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haven't posted pics in a while.. wanted to share these pics of the Sunburst BTA as this morph is definitely my favorite morph of the bunch. I do however have some other morphs that I hope to add in the near future, when the tank recovers from all the mishaps the past few weeks. I'll probably wait til next month to see if I can try adding another nice BTA morph. also, a few pics of the tank since i changed the scape from 3 islands to just 2. the huge rock that used to house the Sunburst lost its purpose as the Sunburst decided to move to the ceramic rock next door. haha.. I really like how the two island looked turned out. a bunch of caves for the fishes to swim in and out (even the Yellow Tang and Majestic can fit on some of the caves). ofcourse, a short FTS vid is added just to complete the update. any input is appreciated. :)

02-24-13Sunburst2_zps2237be7b.jpg

02-24-13Sunburst1_zps95e705ba.jpg

02-26-13Sunburst1_zps280ed492.jpg

02-26-13Sunburst2_zps58bff887.jpg

02-26-13Sunburst3_zps09545ef8.jpg

03-13-13FTS1_zps6caf3e7b.jpg

03-13-13FTS2_zps49985c94.jpg

03-09-13Left_zps59325a8c.jpg

03-09-13Right_zps0eb87565.jpg

[video=youtube;mG62A6fGrtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG62A6fGrtg[/video]

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scape looks great Marvin, I'm liking the two islands. That flasher is gorgeous darting across.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scape looks great Marvin, I'm liking the two islands. That flasher is gorgeous darting across.

Hahah... That flasher caught my eye too, LOL.

Marvin, your Sunburst BTA is gorgeous and I love the minimalist scape. Thanks for sharing your awesome pics and video!

-Terry

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great detail in those BTA pics. Like they scape -- leaves lots of room for the fish to swim and creates a nice visual.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahah... That flasher caught my eye too, LOL.

Marvin, your Sunburst BTA is gorgeous and I love the minimalist scape. Thanks for sharing your awesome pics and video!

-Terry
nice tank Marvin
Great detail in those BTA pics. Like they scape -- leaves lots of room for the fish to swim and creates a nice visual.
Thanks guys and gals. the Linespot flasher does his thing all day long. kinda cool to see a lone wrasse doing his thing. he's gotten big. I think it's because he's the only wrasse in the tank and he can pretty much do whatever he wants. he does keep the Azure's in check in case the males decide to have a disagreement. one pair of Azure's hangs out on the left and the other pair on the right. I haven't seen any eggs since the last few egg batches a while back. the caves and crevices are really cool to see in person as they provide many hiding places for the fishes. I'm sure everyone is still trying to find their own hiding places. hopefully things will settle down nicely. the caves and crevices will be good for the future BTA's too. in a way, I'm glad that the Sunburst decided to move as the 2 islands scape is really cool, probably one of the best scapes I've ever had. it's very functional and it looks nice. what else can yah ask for? ;)

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marv really like the scape with the 2 islands.Great pics with detail on the sunburst.Try and set back and relax for awhile,it can be hard when you want something real bad.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marv really like the scape with the 2 islands.Great pics with detail on the sunburst.Try and set back and relax for awhile,it can be hard when you want something real bad.
Thanks Gary. yeah, it can be but good thing my golf league starts in a month. gonna start hitting the range next week. :) :)

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to go to range just tee it up first night! for a 38 then finish 8,9 for a 46

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to go to range just tee it up first night! for a 38 then finish 8,9 for a 46

I need all the practice I can get. LoL. Hope to get passed bogey golf this year. High 80's is my goal this year. I wish I can play more than once/wk.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ummmmm....

[video=youtube;Ap_c-nWkVz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_c-nWkVz0[/video]