MarvinsReef 90g Clownfish & Anemone Tank...

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know guys... been having a pity party the past week or two but still battling. still have some on hypo but the little guys didn't fare well. the bigger ones seems to be doing good. I thought I took my time already bringing the salinity down to 1.009 for over a week but I guess that's not enough. I will go into more detail of the current tank adventure later on. I hate losing fish(es). :( :( :(

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know guys... been having a pity party the past week or two but still battling. still have some on hypo but the little guys didn't fare well. the bigger ones seems to be doing good. I thought I took my time already bringing the salinity down to 1.009 for over a week but I guess that's not enough. I will go into more detail of the current tank adventure later on. I hate losing fish(es). :( :( :(

Dang Marvin! Sounds like you're hanging in there and wish I was able to help out somehow, but keep your head up. I've lost several fish in QT recently -- really bums me out too.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates. Only on week 1 of hypo. Doing 15%-20% water change every 2-3 days. Really watching how much I feed. Some still have a little ich so the 6-8wks haven't even started so it'll take a while longer. The DT looks so empty with no fish swimming around. :(

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about the ich bro!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there man, the best of us go through this and treatments can be hard. I went through 5 weeks of copper and it still wouldn't go away, finally quinine sulphate beat it. I lost a bunch through the process but also had a lot of delicates like wrasses. Hopefully most of the little clowns with be tougher with the treatments for you.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there man, the best of us go through this and treatments can be hard. I went through 5 weeks of copper and it still wouldn't go away, finally quinine sulphate beat it. I lost a bunch through the process but also had a lot of delicates like wrasses. Hopefully most of the little clowns with be tougher with the treatments for you.

I'll look into other meds if I don't see any improvement after a week or two at 1.009. Thanks. :)

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man it seems like a ton of top notch reefers has been paid a most malevolent event lately. Knowing you Marvin, you'll pull through stronger than ever while the rest of us code brown at the thought of having it happen to us! :( Here's hoping this ends quicker than later. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. sorry for the lack of updates. nothing really happening. just taking some time to move on from the disaster. 90g is fishless and letting it mature more. BTA's for the most part are doing well. the Sunburst did decide to move around and lose color over the past weeks. hope she finds a spot she likes and start to color up. down to just a few clowns and other fish also. pretty much lost all the fishes. been pulling out a fish or two or three every week over the past 2mos. it's really sad! I tried my best to do hypo correctly but still didn't turn out well for me. sometimes, this hobby really kicks yah in the teeth hard and you just have to take a step back and enjoy the more important things in life. I'll be back for sure though. just need some time to move on from this..

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses. I'm sure your won't be fish less for too long.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the losses. Sounds like you have a good perspective on everything though. Hope everything settles down for you real soon.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for the support guys. Slowly but surely I'll build the stock back up. Still thinking about a dozen clowns (mixed variety). :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back