MarvinsReef 90g Clownfish & Anemone Tank...

mcliffy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquascape, nice and open. You might try one more rock on one of the islands so that one is a bit taller than the other - this would make the scape a bit more dynamic.

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now you're talking Marv..that looks incredible..great blank canvas with so much room for coral placement and for fish to swim around in.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Marv, I like that better. Aquascaping must be a LOT easier without full colonies, or even frags on the rock! ;)
LoLz... I'm looking forward to fitting the rest of the LR... I'm gonna do it a few rocks at a time... should be done in a few weeks... trying to take my time.... :)

Marvin that looks awesome! You will be so surprised when you see my aquascape. They look so similar. :)
NICE!!! you sure you have tank right, Rev... LoLz.. j/k bro... looking forward to seeing the new set up.... :)

That looks really good Marvin...
Thanks James... :)

I like the aquascape, nice and open. You might try one more rock on one of the islands so that one is a bit taller than the other - this would make the scape a bit more dynamic.
hopefully, I'll be able to fit the rest of the LR in the 28g without messing up the scape too much... I do have a few nice colonies of different corals on decent sized LR... :)

now you're talking Marv..that looks incredible..great blank canvas with so much room for coral placement and for fish to swim around in.
Thanks man... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marv,

Congrats!! Boy .. you're gonna be one busy reef dad :wink:

Anxiously waiting to see some real corals in that newbie tank of yours :D !!

Paul
:hammer:

yeah, will be busy with the kiddo's... but hopefully will enjoy the tank with the kids... I'll probably be putting the new Baby Boy to sleep by the tank... LoLz... Evin already enjoys viewing the tank with me... I'm looking forward to getting rid of the smaller tanks... after that's all done, we'll have more room in the basement and hopefully, life will be easier w/ tank maintenance... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's a pic of the cleaner skimmer.... much better eh? that was some pretty gross stuff... the new skim is from about 45-60 mins after turning on... ;)

06-23-09
06-23-09_Skimmer.jpg

06-17-09
06-17-09_Skimmer.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics aren't as nice as the last batch but another week has gone.. yay!!! I moved some corals a few days ago and everything is doing well... some of the z's and p's that were closed are actually opening up... I think they're enjoying the extra light and more water volume... the montis also seem to have perked up a little more... I'm yet to move any LPS but I will by this weekend... I see diatoms also so I'm looking into getting a nice clean up crew... lights are on about 4 hrs a day the past few days... :)

06-30-09_FTS.jpg

06-30-09_Diatom2.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh..... There are CORALS in there!!!! Looking good Marv!
Thanks man... yeah, I'm getting a little lazy on doing a water change on the 28g... LoLz... I tried a few corals at first and they are doing better in there so I decided to move a few more... the rest will be going in the next week or two... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed up my scape!!! :( not as clean looking anymore.... it's the best I could do for now... I was getting frustrated so I just stopped... I need to find smaller pieces of LR... I ended removing two huge rocks to make room for the AoG rock and True SuperMan monti rock... anyway, here goes...

FTS as of tonight (07-06-09)
07-06-09_FTS.jpg

here's the side I messed up
07-06-09_RightToo.jpg

07-06-09_RightTooo.jpg

07-06-09_Right.jpg

the left side is pretty much the same as the last
07-06-09_Left.jpg

side view
07-06-09_Wide.jpg

watcha guys think?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I am in love! :D

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great Marv.....Lot of room to add stuff and corals with rock attatched will fill in the rest.....Thumbs up!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back