Mastertronic and Alkatronic Arriving before the end of the year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone that purchased a Mastertronic and Alkatronic from Aquarium Specialty. We'd like to hear you're feedback on the devices once you have them up and running (and from those that already own one). I'd also encourage you to write a product review on our website since this is the first time we have been able to get our hands on the Mastertronic units.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to its arrival today! One suggestion is to have quick links to the appropriate test kit refills.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was dumb and didn't order any test kits before arrival so I have to wait. Didn't realize it does not come with anything to run it, was surprised not even a manual.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are now taking pre-orders on the Alkatronic, Dosetronic and Mastertronic units. They are expected to arrive in the US on March 31st...baring no import delays at the port. Since this is more than a month away we will only be taking deposits at this time unless you just want to pay for it in full...your choice. Please give us a call if you would like to make a deposit on one or more of these items. Our # is 803-788-4445.

Last edited:

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW- I got a MT earlier this year from @AquariumSpecialty and couldn’t be happier. The transaction & shipping was flawless. during setup I had a support question that was handled quickly (overnight) thru email with Focustronic. Now that I’m calibrated the test results are consistent. The app software is intuitive & easy to figure out. I am techie and have used/using the reefbot (gen1), trident, kh director- the Mastertronic is still new to me but has quickly become my favorite.

tips:
1. set up vid is a must watch.
2. there are set up steps in the manual and in the video. Read/watch both a couple times.
3. Don’t forget to put the magnet in the reaction chamber :)
4. Get reagents. tough to find the iron option. Note: you won’t be able to measure everything it offers; you have 12 vials & that is enough for “the big 3” phosphate and nitrate.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW- I got a MT earlier this year from @AquariumSpecialty and couldn’t be happier. The transaction & shipping was flawless. during setup I had a support question that was handled quickly (overnight) thru email with Focustronic. Now that I’m calibrated the test results are consistent. The app software is intuitive & easy to figure out. I am techie and have used/using the reefbot (gen1), trident, kh director- the Mastertronic is still new to me but has quickly become my favorite.

tips:
1. set up vid is a must watch.
2. there are set up steps in the manual and in the video. Read/watch both a couple times.
3. Don’t forget to put the magnet in the reaction chamber :)
4. Get reagents. tough to find the iron option. Note: you won’t be able to measure everything it offers; you have 12 vials & that is enough for “the big 3” phosphate and nitrate.

Happy to hear you are enjoying it. Thank you for the feedback! If you get a chance and don't mind then please write a review on it.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are sold out but you can do a pre-order for the next batch if you would like to...a deposit or payment in full is fine by us to lock it in. They sell out fast when they arrive in the US.
Ok thanks- do you happen to have a ballpark arrival for the next batch?

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mastertronic units are coming in. Pre-order now. Units will begin shipping to you next week if you pre-order.

mastertronic.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back