Mature NSA SPS dominant examples?

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone show me an example of a mature SPS dominant tank using negative space aquascaping? I am planning on using it for my 225 gallon build but I haven’t seen an example of a mature tank using the style of aquascapes and I’m having second thoughts about not just going heavy on the shelves. I’m pretty sure I have seen some Asian examples but I can’t find any through my Google skills.

OP
OP
gatohoser

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like the lifted aquascape idea there… maybe I am not a fan as much as I thought…. With all this hype on NSA are there not many mature aquascapes using it? It’s not totally new right?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like the lifted aquascape idea there… maybe I am not a fan as much as I thought…. With all this hype on NSA are there not many mature aquascapes using it? It’s not totally new right?
NSA is a newer thing as far as I know. They can look good, however not ideal for the inhabitants. I would much rather have a bunch of mature rock than a little bit of dry.

OP
OP
gatohoser

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NSA is a newer thing as far as I know. They can look good, however not ideal for the inhabitants. I would much rather have a bunch of mature rock than a little bit of dry.
Why do you say not ideal for inhabitants exactly? I would guess you’re talking about the fact that there are not a lot of hiding spots for fish to sleep at night? That’s something I’m working through on my aqua scape design right now.

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a good idea is to go diving on a sps reef or look at pictures of one and use live rock and do a hyper encrusted realistic rock structure from day one and dont shy away from coral skeletons and branching peices like people used in the 90s

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back