OP
OP
Spitty

Spitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a rough estimate on how much flow two 1”drains with 2 3/4 “ emergency drains would be capable of. The drains would have to have a couple of 45 degree fittings en route to my sump. I’m in the process of deciding what sort of return pump or pumps to select. I would like to turn the system over 10* per hour. Is this possible with the 1” drains? The reason I’m shooting for the 10* turnover rate is I might decide to try out the Triton Method. Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks.
Ps, I’m stuck with the 1” max drains because of the hole size for the bulkheads are already drilled.

OP
OP
Spitty

Spitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I should have read the answers above a bit closer. If a 1” pipe is capable of 86000 Lph, that is over 2000 gph, then if I have another 1” drain that puts me over 4000 gph. 260 total gallons *10 is 2,600 gph. Is this correct thinking? If so, would return pump would you go with?

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found my solution

Spitty
Thank you for your video. I wish I had seen it before I added water to my tank.
I have a 120g tank with two overflows (each with two 1" bulkheads). My sump has 2 connections for drains. I am trying to think if there is a way to use 2 full siphons (one in each overflow, then use one bulkhead for the return - 1", and use last bulkhead for a 1" open channel ?

Back