Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer Losing power and Not skimming

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer is losing power when I got it I had the pump at 50% and with was skimming all the way up the neck now several months later I am at 100% and bubbles don't even reach the bottom of the neck and about every couple of days Bubbles just stop and its just water in the chamber. I have to lift out of the water to get it to start making bubbles and I have already taken it out and cleaned don't know what to do.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer is losing power when I got it I had the pump at 50% and with was skimming all the way up the neck now several months later I am at 100% and bubbles don't even reach the bottom of the neck and about every couple of days Bubbles just stop and its just water in the chamber. I have to lift out of the water to get it to start making bubbles and I have already taken it out and cleaned don't know what to do.
Hi, thanks for your support. Please kindly help to check whether the bottom panel is installed tightly or evenly? Because as you know, the air silencer(Where the air is passing through) is inside the bottom panel, and if the bottom panel is not installed evenly and tightly, leading to water leakage inside, it might affect the air intake and therefore the bubbles it generates:

Bottom Panel Even or not.png

So, please kindly have a dry on the bottom panel and have a check, and fasten the 8 screws locking the bottom panel and see if it can get better?

Fasten Screws.jpg

OP
OP
asmodyus

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So have had this Skimmer for almost 3 years the worst skimmer I ever owned not sure if I got a dude or what but it constantly up and down with skimming not skimming.

I kind of maybe figured out what it might be but it seems like if I Take it out of the tank do Full on clean especially the Pump area every couple weeks it will keep skimming but if I go for a month it will just stop producing bubbles. This seems like a little excessive for any skimmer to have to require a Full Scrub down to work.

Anybody else have this issue with this skimmer.

Adrianm121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue. It works fine for a day then it's just water no bubbles with a 1cm foam head halfway down the body. Before this started happening it was a great piece of kit!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back