Maxspect Aeraqua Duo Protein Skimmer: Our Favorite Features + Installation & Control Tips!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like how this video goes into detail about the controls and setup. This should be a standard in the industry for any automated device (lights, pumps, etc.).

I am a long time Reef Octopus fan, but there are several unique and interesting features on this skimmer. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for many of these features to become standard in the marketplace.

Doran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been very frustrating in pushing ship dates back in USA.....no one gets a real date and if offered it is not met.......

I gave up and moved on personally ....

OP
OP
CoralVue_Marketing

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how this video goes into detail about the controls and setup. This should be a standard in the industry for any automated device (lights, pumps, etc.).

I am a long time Reef Octopus fan, but there are several unique and interesting features on this skimmer. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for many of these features to become standard in the marketplace.

Time will tell, but we agree: there are some really unique features here and it will be interesting to see if other manufacturers attempt to duplicate them.
They have been very frustrating in pushing ship dates back in USA.....no one gets a real date and if offered it is not met.......

I gave up and moved on personally ....

We are sorry to hear that. The good news is they are available now at stores for anyone that hasn't moved on yet! As the distributor for many brands, we're stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to projected release dates. Often we're just sharing what we're told (until they are in transit to us, then we have a firmer idea). But in nearly all cases, delays are the result of just wanting to get products as close to perfect as possible before release. So while brands have the best intentions, it can certainly be frustrating for folks on a timeline that are waiting for a specific new product to be released.

OP
OP
CoralVue_Marketing

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only been running my new Aeraqua for a few days, but I gotta say... I love this skimmer!! Truly an extremely quiet and efficient skimmer so far!

Yay! Music to our ears! Send me a picture of it in action and I'll share it on social media! [email protected]

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve only been running my new Aeraqua for a few days, but I gotta say... I love this skimmer!! Truly an extremely quiet and efficient skimmer so far!

That’s awesome! Keep us updated - it is definitely an interesting design!

Todd1white

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know... I started this 180g custom corner tank running an ASM G3 skimmer with the Cedric5000 pump. After about 8 months of high nutrients, I upgraded the sump to 50g and I added a Reef Octopus skimmer and so I was dealing with emptying 2 skimmer cups every couple of days. And of course, the noise! Yikes, the Db increase on the TV just to compete with the noise! The ability to fine tune in so many ways, this new AerAqua Skimmer is a big plus. It's nearly dead quiet, a huge plus. I know it's only been a few days, but... I would highly recommend this skimmer! Oh, and because I already have two Gyres with the ICV6 controller, I added the skimmer to the iOS app on my iPhone. It was a seamless addition, no hiccups. Very cool. The one question I have, according to what I've read, is about the "sweet spot" buttons on the side of the body. The water level in my sump is about 4" above the sweet spot buttons, however the water level on the inside of body is right at the sweet spot buttons. Do I raise the skimmer so that the water level on the outside of the skimmer is at the buttons? Or does the sweet spot mean for the water level inside the skimmer? I'm following the instructions that say to leave the adjustments until after a one week break in period. So far, so great!

OP
OP
CoralVue_Marketing

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know... I started this 180g custom corner tank running an ASM G3 skimmer with the Cedric5000 pump. After about 8 months of high nutrients, I upgraded the sump to 50g and I added a Reef Octopus skimmer and so I was dealing with emptying 2 skimmer cups every couple of days. And of course, the noise! Yikes, the Db increase on the TV just to compete with the noise! The ability to fine tune in so many ways, this new AerAqua Skimmer is a big plus. It's nearly dead quiet, a huge plus. I know it's only been a few days, but... I would highly recommend this skimmer! Oh, and because I already have two Gyres with the ICV6 controller, I added the skimmer to the iOS app on my iPhone. It was a seamless addition, no hiccups. Very cool. The one question I have, according to what I've read, is about the "sweet spot" buttons on the side of the body. The water level in my sump is about 4" above the sweet spot buttons, however the water level on the inside of body is right at the sweet spot buttons. Do I raise the skimmer so that the water level on the outside of the skimmer is at the buttons? Or does the sweet spot mean for the water level inside the skimmer? I'm following the instructions that say to leave the adjustments until after a one week break in period. So far, so great!

That is awesome that you were able to connect all your Maxspect devices to the app like that!

In terms of the sweet spot, I would suggest that the skimmer be near that spot or slightly under. This is a very powerful skimmer so a deeper ran skimmer will lose some range of control.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I hook up a CO2 scrubber to the air intake of the Maxpect skimmer?
Also, Is the plastic and hose Ozone resistant to help run ozone in the skimmer?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoralVue_Marketing

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are contacting Maxspect so we can answer your questions as accurately as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience!

Bigdan1175

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious about co2 scrubber as well. I found one video saying you could pull airlines of the back.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it has dual air intake and pumps, have there been reports of higher pH level?

OP
OP
CoralVue_Marketing

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes. You can remove one pipe from the upper air intake part and hook up to a CO2 scrubber.

example-1.PNG

example-2.PNG
example-3.PNG

Is the plastic and hose Ozone resistant to help run ozone in the skimmer?

Maxspect says Ozone may have an effect on the skimmer, so they are conducting experiments now and will update us when they know for certain.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes. You can remove one pipe from the upper air intake part and hook up to a CO2 scrubber.

example-1.PNG

example-2.PNG
example-3.PNG

Is the plastic and hose Ozone resistant to help run ozone in the skimmer?

Maxspect says Ozone may have an effect on the skimmer, so they are conducting experiments now and will update us when they know for certain.
Thank you for speedy reply

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am extremely interested in ozone test results.
(can't wait to install my xmas ICV6 and pair of 350s tomorrow) - very keen to know what parts on the Aeraqua Duo would be vulnerable to ozone.
Hi thanks for your support, We are still running test and the test time needs at least over a month until we can know something about it. So your patience is appreciated.

Warren_Jakarta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks for your support, We are still running test and the test time needs at least over a month until we can know something about it. So your patience is appreciated.
Thank you for the quick attention - I am happy to hear that the test(s) are being conducted. I forgot the "Season's Greetings" in my post - I hope yourself and the team can have some enjoyable time over this holiday season and look forward to a complete test (regardless of result). Thanks for all this :) .

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick attention - I am happy to hear that the test(s) are being conducted. I forgot the "Season's Greetings" in my post - I hope yourself and the team can have some enjoyable time over this holiday season and look forward to a complete test (regardless of result). Thanks for all this :) .
Hope you have a happy holiday time as well!

Back