Maxspect Aeraqua Duo Protein Skimmer: Our Favorite Features + Installation & Control Tips!

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I have the Aeraqua as well, but have not explored the controller capabilities at all! I just leave it on level 7 with the adjustments on the body/pumps wide open, and it pulls out some nasty gunk!
Yes established tank no problem run it all the time the new tank doesn't need as much. The icv6 is $50 and well woth it for me because I run gyres as well

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the Ozone test for the skimmer coming along?
Hi, thanks for your support. After more than a month's test, we found that Aeraqua duo skimmers are not able to use the Ozone Air, otherwise, its pipes or base might get eroded by the Ozone Air. So for this question, the answer is negative.
56jdq63s963sicfcwwf4de0xs_1440X1080.jpg

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for your support. After more than a month's test, we found that Aeraqua duo skimmers are not able to use the Ozone Air, otherwise, its pipes or base might get eroded by the Ozone Air. So for this question, the answer is negative.
Ohh bummer. Thank you for reporting results.

pedro1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks for your support, We are still running test and the test time needs at least over a month until we can know something about it. So your patience is appreciated.
HI guys I have Just bought the maxspect skimmer and I m trying to fit my Ozone pump can you guys give a help on this is it safe how to do it?

Thanks in Advance

pedro1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick attention - I am happy to hear that the test(s) are being conducted. I forgot the "Season's Greetings" in my post - I hope yourself and the team can have some enjoyable time over this holiday season and look forward to a complete test (regardless of result). Thanks for all this :) .
Can you give an update on the ozone tests

OP
OP
CoralVue_Marketing

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI guys I have Just bought the maxspect skimmer and I m trying to fit my Ozone pump can you guys give a help on this is it safe how to do it?

Thanks in Advance

Is the araquã duo safe for running ozone

Can you give an update on the ozone tests

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Maxspect performed testing for over a month (thanks, guys!) and recently concluded that the AD600 skimmer is not ozone safe.

^You can see their response with photos in this thread.

On the bright side, at least you know before trying it so something disastrous didn't happen.

How are you liking the skimmer so far otherwise?

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[email protected]'ve been using the duo 600 for 5 or 6 months with no issues. I've been skimming kinda on the wet side.
20200606_205306.jpg

Pulling this much daily. The Last week or so I've been getting micro bubbles in the display. I tracked it down to the skimmer chamber. Also noticed water leaking from the side where the nob is on the body.
20200606_205159.jpg

Could these issues be related?
How do I stop the micro bubbles?
Should I be concerned about the leak?
The skimmer is still doing it job but don't like micro bubbles...thanks in advance.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[email protected]'ve been using the duo 600 for 5 or 6 months with no issues. I've been skimming kinda on the wet side.
20200606_205306.jpg

Pulling this much daily. The Last week or so I've been getting micro bubbles in the display. I tracked it down to the skimmer chamber. Also noticed water leaking from the side where the nob is on the body.
20200606_205159.jpg

Could these issues be related?
How do I stop the micro bubbles?
Should I be concerned about the leak?
The skimmer is still doing it job but don't like micro bubbles...thanks in advance.
Hi, thanks for your support. It's normal the water leakage from the top or sides of the water outlet dial. As you know, once you turn it to a larger power, and fully open the water inlets, while at the same time close down the water outlet, the water in the chamber will get higher, and have no way to go but escape from the water outlet dial. The solution would be turn up the water outlet a little bit, turn down the water inlet, or turn down the power. So there will be a balance of water inside the chamber instead of escaping from the leakage above the dial.

As for the micro bubbles, they also come from the issue that the water level inside the chamber is too high, it needs to adjust the water level to a lower height, then there will be little or no micro bubbles escaping to the sump.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect I been running this skimmer for almost two months now. The skimmer never really worked in my system. My tank is a brand new 170g net volume zeovit system. I have 9 small fish in the tank and no corals (small blue tang ,two clwonfish,midas belnny,five small baby anthias). I feed three times a day and carbon dosing since day one(zeovit). Right now I'm running this skimmer with a 19.5cm water hight (this the highest my sump and stand allowed) and powerlevel at 8 also the water gate level almost fully closed as for the inlet one sidr is fully open the other side fully closed .The skimmer just dose not make proper foam just bubbling. I'm having a baterial bloom right now due to the skimmer not working. Help please.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect I been running this skimmer for almost two months now. The skimmer never really worked in my system. My tank is a brand new 170g net volume zeovit system. I have 9 small fish in the tank and no corals (small blue tang ,two clwonfish,midas belnny,five small baby anthias). I feed three times a day and carbon dosing since day one(zeovit). Right now I'm running this skimmer with a 19.5cm water hight (this the highest my sump and stand allowed) and powerlevel at 8 also the water gate level almost fully closed as for the inlet one sidr is fully open the other side fully closed .The skimmer just dose not make proper foam just bubbling. I'm having a baterial bloom right now due to the skimmer not working. Help please.
Hi thanks for your support. Please kindly make a small video and send to [email protected]. With the small video, we could understand your skimmer and aquarium better so that we could understand what is the issue.

OP
OP
CoralVue_Marketing

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys any updates regarding running ozone in the skimmer? Thank you

maxspect_aeraquaduoskimmer_4.jpg

Maxspect created ozone-friendly kits for the AD600 that passed testing and quality assurance checks a couple of months ago. Maxspect made the entire kits black since the connector they use had to be for ozone-resistance purposes.

Our kits will be sold separately, since ozone isn't as widely used in the USA hobbyists and I will . It's not a requirement, just an option. Lastly, the Aeraqua Duo's little brother, the SK400, is already fully-constructed and built with with ozone-friendly material.

You are welcome to open a ticket with our support team so they can get this priced and shipped to you soon.

2.png

nunoml

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maxspect_aeraquaduoskimmer_4.jpg

Maxspect created ozone-friendly kits for the AD600 that passed testing and quality assurance checks a couple of months ago. Maxspect made the entire kits black since the connector they use had to be for ozone-resistance purposes.

Our kits will be sold separately, since ozone isn't as widely used in the USA hobbyists and I will . It's not a requirement, just an option. Lastly, the Aeraqua Duo's little brother, the SK400, is already fully-constructed and built with with ozone-friendly material.

You are welcome to open a ticket with our support team so they can get this priced and shipped to you soon.

2.png
Thank you Jeff. I live in Portugal and im thinking to buy the AD600 but I use ozone. Im going to try to find here the ozone kit first.
Cheers

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks. Because our Gyres, lights or skimmers are allowed to connect to one ICV6 only, if they have been connected to one ICV6 before, and you want to connect them to a new ICV6, in which case you just need to reset or initialize the devices(Do not select Restore), then you can clear its cache, and hook it up to a new ICV6.
Hey I picked up
Hi thanks. Because our Gyres, lights or skimmers are allowed to connect to one ICV6 only, if they have been connected to one ICV6 before, and you want to connect them to a new ICV6, in which case you just need to reset or initialize the devices(Do not select Restore), then you can clear its cache, and hook it up to a new ICV6.
So I picked up a pair of used gyre 230s w/ controller. On the app I can see the control unit but it won't let me control it.
Screenshot_20201121-173853_SYNA-G.jpg Screenshot_20201121-173750_SYNA-G.jpg
I've repowerd with disc pressed . I did notice on the current pair I'm running and the new pair I'm trying to sync have different firmware versions Screenshot_20201121-174341_SYNA-G.jpg Screenshot_20201121-174309_SYNA-G.jpg
Will this work with the icv6

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jeff. I live in Portugal and im thinking to buy the AD600 but I use ozone. Im going to try to find here the ozone kit first.
Cheers
Hi for Europe user, you could check it with your seller, who will contact our local support center to help you.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I picked up
So I picked up a pair of used gyre 230s w/ controller. On the app I can see the control unit but it won't let me control it.
Screenshot_20201121-173853_SYNA-G.jpg Screenshot_20201121-173750_SYNA-G.jpg
I've repowerd with disc pressed . I did notice on the current pair I'm running and the new pair I'm trying to sync have different firmware versions Screenshot_20201121-174341_SYNA-G.jpg Screenshot_20201121-174309_SYNA-G.jpg
Will this work with the icv6
Hi, as you know, Aeraquaduo skimmers(AD600 skimmers) and Gyre 230 series are different series products, so they have different versions of firmwares, as you can check the firmware version from below page:

As for the Gyre 230 issue(Firmware 2.0), please kindly have a reset on its controller, and search it again on ICV6:
The methods is:
1) First cut the power;
2) Press and hold the dial button of the controller, while reconnecting power;
3) After the power is reconnected, then release the button, the controller will enter "System Setup" Page;
4) Turn the dial to select Option 3 "Intialize", to intialize the controller back to factory default;
5) Search the Gyre 230 on App again.

The reason is as explained earlier:
"Because our Gyres, lights or skimmers are allowed to connect to one ICV6 only, if they have been connected to one ICV6 before, and you want to connect them to a new ICV6, in which case you just need to reset or initialize the devices(Do not select Restore), then you can clear its cache, and hook it up to a new ICV6."

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back