Maxspect Ethereal on the AB+ spectrum? | #AskBRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's here!

I got some time with the spectrometer and the Maxspect Ethereal to come up with my best representation of the EcoTech Coral Lab AB+ spectrum.

Thanks to all who asked us to create this and special thanks to @michaum for creating the thread that sparked today's video. :)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS

Great info. Any chance you guys can try one of the Maxspect RSX lights? I've tried to mimic this with only 4 channels but not knowing what it should look like I'm only guessing. I can get close to what both spectrum look like but not quite. This is my guess below.

FD504D08-E2A7-45E7-B932-4FE14E7CB080.png

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS
Great info. Any chance you guys can try one of the Maxspect RSX lights? I've tried to mimic this with only 4 channels but not knowing what it should look like I'm only guessing. I can get close to what both spectrum look like but not quite. This is my guess below.

From fiddling around with the sliders in that Syna-G app and comparing the spectrum graph to that of the actual spectrum I shot for the Ethereals, I'd say you've got it pretty darn close. To my eye, that chart behind your sliders seems to be close to the AB+. I'd try it out for a few months and see how it goes. :)

Deonne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it for about a week but it was just way too blue for my wife. She couldn’t look at the tank so I put it back to the regular settings.

Hah, that’s fair enough. I might give it a go because I like how it makes the corals pop. I’ve never seen a AB+ tank in person so not sure if they’re also that blue (I’d assume so?)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah, that’s fair enough. I might give it a go because I like how it makes the corals pop. I’ve never seen a AB+ tank in person so not sure if they’re also that blue (I’d assume so?)

I'd say that that spectrum range (which was originally modeled around the ATI Blue+ and Aquablue special T5 bulb combo) may be a bit more blue than some reefers are used to. I personally don't mind it, but I've seen posts from those that do.

michaum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's here!

I got some time with the spectrometer and the Maxspect Ethereal to come up with my best representation of the EcoTech Coral Lab AB+ spectrum.

Thanks to all who asked us to create this and special thanks to @michaum for creating the thread that sparked today's video. :)

Awesome!!

Hey Randy thanks a lot for answering my question on YouTube it clarified and help me with my settings. Thanks and you guys are awesome for doing this! Have a great day!

reefkeeperCOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the maxspect ethereals, but I can't undestand the Pros of using AB+ preset, the corals will grow faster under this setup? or it is just a way to see more fluorecent colors?

Last edited:

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you BRS for providing us a baseline settings for LED lights. I'm pretty sure new comers like myself and veterans really a appreciate extra effort you guys are doing. At least everyone has baseline to start out with and not bake our corals. Keep up the great job.

Tmmste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS

Maybe you could do the same for the Maxspect RSX-150? Unfortunatly there is hardly any info out there

Deonne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Deonne, where did you base your currebt settings on??

Based on this and some other conversations I had / read, I am running 30/90/100/40 on the channels. Apparently that is close to AB+, seems to be working fine but this is my first light/tank so I don't have much a reference point

Tmmste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From fiddling around with the sliders in that Syna-G app and comparing the spectrum graph to that of the actual spectrum I shot for the Ethereals, I'd say you've got it pretty darn close. To my eye, that chart behind your sliders seems to be close to the AB+. I'd try it out for a few months and see how it goes. :)
Randy, could you maybe verify the AB+ for the RSX???? It would be awsome to actually have this replicated
(precise percentages to have the same results instead of eyeballing and hoping for the best).

Last edited:

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS

FD504D08-E2A7-45E7-B932-4FE14E7CB080.png
Ive had the rsx for over a year now and tried doing something similar back then and still run it like that. Ive got both blues basically maxed out and whites at about 40%. Only thing i did differently is red/green at only 3-6% so basically nothing. Ive had really good success with this and its really cool to see the guys from brs doing it similarly with a similar light.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back