Maxspect Gyre “flasherror…” on control module

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bought a gyre on eBay because I had a handful of extra heads for them, mainly just bought it to get the controller that’ll work with them.

last night we had a rolling power outage and I woke up to my frag raceways off with “flasherror…” on my controllers screen. Not sure if that’s related but has anyone run into this? I am handy and have repaired many lights/pumps/controllers etc but this one is new.

unplug/replug didn’t work, holding power didn’t work. If this controller is blown I dunno what I’m gonna do because I have the older xf2 series heads.

OP
OP
HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a few other users who reported the same error, but seemingly no resolution. Every potential solution I found involved contacting Maxspect support.
That’s what I’m getting from my Google fu also. Do they even make the old controllers anymore or am I totally screwed

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m getting from my Google fu also. Do they even make the old controllers anymore or am I totally screwed
That I'm not sure of. I run a pair of Maxspect XF330s, and I believe it uses one of the newer controllers.

0DEB3F34-6E1E-4EEB-9142-39EA17583A08.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back