Maxspect Gyre XF 330 magnet rotor swelling because of rust

odariel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

i bought this pump back in 2020 and within a year and a half this happened... (images) ok, no worries a defective rotor, got it covered through warranty (they changed the body and the rotor, as the body had some markings inside as you can see in the first picture in the middle of the barrel).. today, cleaning it, i noticed the same thing is happening again.. now it is almost imperceptible, a supertiny crack, and it has not affected the body of the pump, but is going in the same direction... Twice in 2,5 years doesn't seem like a coincide... anyone else experiencing this?

By the way i do not use vinegar or any other chemical to clean this pump, just hot fresh water..

Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-01-29 a las 00.16.28.jpg Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-01-29 a las 00.16.29.jpg Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-01-29 a las 00.17.jpg

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an XF 350 twin pump set in Jan 2020 and I have had to replace the rotors in both pumps. The first one failed about 18 months ago, the second one 6 months later. They didn’t split like yours did however the shaft swelled up enough to stop the rotor turning. I noticed that the replacement rotors are a slightly different design, with thick silicone O-ring style washers instead of the original black solid bush. So far the new rotors have been fine.

I also purchased a spare pump when I replaced the first rotor 18 months ago. This one still has the original design rotor but so far I have had no issues with it either. I think they may have fixed the corrosion issue a couple of years ago.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back