• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Maxspect Gyres and the company CoralVue ARE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for pumps that have manufacture defects (acknowledged by the company making them via email to me), clog all the time, and are COMPLETE GARBAGE, then look no further. They are horribly designed. The fins rub on the end of the shield causing groves and motor seizing. Calcium builds (due to poor seals) up on these from the inside over the course of about a week or two and will cause the pumps to stop turning. They clog up so bad that the bushing (the part that's supposed to act as a type of bearing) will literally start turning in the rubber sleeve that holds it. It will turn to the point that the bushing and rubber basically wear down to nothing. Additionally, the pump housing rubs against the magnet causing slices of the magnet (metal, which is HORRIBLE for an aquarium) to rub off and get into your precious water. It leaves groves in both the impeller magnet and the motor housing, which cannot be good for longevity or functionality. I have been emailing the company (Coral Vue) for months now, and all they offer is a store credit so that you can buy more garbage products from them that will fail and possibly cause your entire system to crash. Oh and they won't give you any credit until you send them the product back (meaning you have to buy a replacement pump while you wait for however long they decide they wish to take to credit you). So, unless you like spending hours and hours every single week or two cleaning your pumps, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FROM CORAL VUE!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for pumps that have manufacture defects (acknowledged by the company making them via email to me), clog all the time, and are COMPLETE GARBAGE, then look no further. They are horribly designed. The fins rub on the end of the shield causing groves and motor seizing. Calcium builds (due to poor seals) up on these from the inside over the course of about a week or two and will cause the pumps to stop turning. They clog up so bad that the bushing (the part that's supposed to act as a type of bearing) will literally start turning in the rubber sleeve that holds it. It will turn to the point that the bushing and rubber basically wear down to nothing. Additionally, the pump housing rubs against the magnet causing slices of the magnet (metal, which is HORRIBLE for an aquarium) to rub off and get into your precious water. It leaves groves in both the impeller magnet and the motor housing, which cannot be good for longevity or functionality. I have been emailing the company (Coral Vue) for months now, and all they offer is a store credit so that you can buy more garbage products from them that will fail and possibly cause your entire system to crash. Oh and they won't give you any credit until you send them the product back (meaning you have to buy a replacement pump while you wait for however long they decide they wish to take to credit you). So, unless you like spending hours and hours every single week or two cleaning your pumps, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FROM CORAL VUE!!!!!

Here are our latest email exchanges. You said you were going to post them, so here they are verbatim. All I removed were our names.

6/22 - YOU
Thanks for the update. On my end, another one of the pumps just seized yesterday due to tiny calcium buildup on the end of the pole that goes into the White bushing. This is a horrible design flaw. This seems to happen monthly, which, to me, is completely unacceptable. I should not have to clean powerheads every couple weeks or every month (or even two for that matter).

6/24 - YOU
Now this one (included a video).

6/24 - ME
I hear the noise in the video. Also, I appreciate your patience with me thus far. Things haven’t been moving quickly in my investigation. I do not want to draw out a resolution longer than I already have because, well, you need pumps… and that’s a surefire way to lose you a customer forever. What do you think our best move is from here?

6/25 - YOU
What do I think is the best move? Exactly what I proposed to your coworker from the very start. Send me new pumps that are not part of the batch that had defects (not having the magnet grind away when rubbing the motor housing, and not binding at the ends because the bushings are wearing, failing, etc). Considering all of the hustle and time I have already put into this, sending 5 brand new pumps that are for sure not from the older defects would be ideal for me and promote good customer service. Include a return shipping label in the box, and I will send u back all of the old pumps that I have after I have replaced them with the new ones. As I have already stated, I’m not looking for any freebies. I’m only trying to obtain the products as I understood they should be (not defective/binding). If you cannot send new pumps or guarantee these new ones aren’t defective too, I don’t know what other options you have.

6/26 - ME
I cannot guarantee new replacement pumps will solve the issue. I think they will. I am pretty sure they will. But I haven’t uncovered enough data to state it unequivocally so. Since money never exchanged hands, we cannot give you money back (I checked). But I can offer you store credit. Do you want to do that?

7/7 - YOU
Sorry for the delay, but I have been trying to figure out how to reply to you. I wouldn't expect you to guarantee me anything unequivocally. I understand that things fail. My issue is that I purchased these under the impression that they had been tested and passed quality assurance. From what the other lady informed me, that doesn't appear to be the case. I have no issue cleaning and maintaining pumps as long as they are not defective, hence my request for pumps that were not part of the defective or untested batches. Either way, I need pumps in my tanks (as I am sure you are well aware as a fellow hobbyist). Can you please elaborate on your offer of store credit? Are you offering full credit for all of the pumps and then you want me to mail them back to you? And what "store" does this refer to where said credits would be able to be used to buy replacement pumps? I guess I just don't fully understand your proposal. I kindly request elaboration. Thanks in advance.

7/7 - ME
No worries! I am offering you store credit at CoralVue for the full retail value of the pumps less shipping and sales tax. You would have to ship the pumps back to us. You could spend that credit however you like. We have other pump options available: https://www.coralvue.com/aquarium-flow-pumps. I’m not sure what the stock levels are on everything, but you could spend them on pumps or whatever else you would like. Basically, you would just create a CoralVue account. Once the pumps are received, I will put the credit on your account. You can spend from it as you wish. It doesn’t all have to be at once. Or I can create the order for you and you don’t have to create an account. I am flexible on how we go about it.

7/7 - YOU
Alright. I understand that you do not understand. I have spend SOOOOOOOOOOO much unnecessary time on this, and all you are offering is something that is completely unacceptable. I literally just told you in my last email that I need pumps. And you, as a hobbyist, should be well aware that a certain level of circulation is required in order to maintain a functional and healthy marine aquarium. Yet you only offer to give me credit AFTER the pumps are received? How does this make ANY sense? That means that I would need to somehow replace the garbage pumps that I have from you with some sort of temporary pumps just so that I can get credit to buy more pumps from you and then replace them yet again (and hope that they don't fail yet again). HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE LOGIC AND CUSTOMER SERVICE from your company. Well I have been 1000% honest and forthcoming with you from the very start. Now is the time where I cut ties with your ridiculous company and I go on a rampage to let EVERYONE IN THE HOBBY know exactly how ****** your pumps are and how horribly lacking your customer service and products support really is. And I have all of the emails and everything from the very start saved, so I hope you are prepared for a massive backlash from all of the horrible reviews I am about to create just to show how incredibly unethical and horrible your company is. Good luck finding the time to try to convince people otherwise considering I am going to literally quote the exact emails from you all and also show the defective items and your pathetic attempts to try to cover them up. Oh, and I'm unemployed right now, so guess what! I have PLENTY of time to do this. All of this fuss when you could have just done the proper thing and replace the pumps as I requested from the dang start. YOU ARE ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOO PATHETIC!!!!!! I'm sure karma will find you now since it is quite obvious that you have bad karma coming your way!!

7/7 - ME
We can replace the pumps. Or we can credit you for the pumps. You have options. If you don’t have backups, you can send in one at a time if you would like. I can send you shipping labels.

7/7 - YOU
Too late. I AM OVER YOUR RIDICULOUS BEHAVIOR!!!!! Check your facebook page...expect much more on the way from every angle I can possibly find

7/7 - ME
We can replace the pumps, refund you for the pumps, and will also pay to have them shipped back to us, one at a time, so that you are not inconvenienced further. I feel great sympathy for how this has affected you. I am also sorry you are out of work at the moment. I saw BRS is hiring. They said in a social post that they will consider remote candidates. It’s not an option for me to send new pumps while you keep the ones you have. If you want replacement parts in advance, as I believe you had suggested before, I can try to arrange sending them. I am remote, so I cannot walk into the warehouse to check what’s available, but I can probably have an answer by tomorrow. I don’t see how walking away with this unresolved is a benefit to either of us.

7/7 - YOU
Benefit? There is no benefit. The only thing now is that your business will deplete. I'm literally already receiving responses on the forums. I've already had to spend extra hours and hours (perhaps days at this point) because your products (defects/cloggin) and company (expecting me to make 5 trips to the post office) are garbage. You have nothing to offer me any longer. You have caused enough damage already and I will be contacting BRS to get a refund from them. Good luck with the barrage of negativity you will soon encounter.

You cursed at our staff. You threatened to harm our company's reputation. We didn't make the pumps you're having issues with, but we made efforts to make it right. I spoke to you respectfully. We'll let other members decide for themselves how you spoke to me. I don't see how anything I said above is unreasonable. But, seeing as 15 of the 16 reviews you've left for businesses on Google are negative, it seems you are rarely satisfied.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are our latest email exchanges. You said you were going to post them, so here they are verbatim. All I removed were our names.

6/22 - YOU
Thanks for the update. On my end, another one of the pumps just seized yesterday due to tiny calcium buildup on the end of the pole that goes into the White bushing. This is a horrible design flaw. This seems to happen monthly, which, to me, is completely unacceptable. I should not have to clean powerheads every couple weeks or every month (or even two for that matter).

6/24 - YOU
Now this one (included a video).

6/24 - ME
I hear the noise in the video. Also, I appreciate your patience with me thus far. Things haven’t been moving quickly in my investigation. I do not want to draw out a resolution longer than I already have because, well, you need pumps… and that’s a surefire way to lose you a customer forever. What do you think our best move is from here?

6/25 - YOU
What do I think is the best move? Exactly what I proposed to your coworker from the very start. Send me new pumps that are not part of the batch that had defects (not having the magnet grind away when rubbing the motor housing, and not binding at the ends because the bushings are wearing, failing, etc). Considering all of the hustle and time I have already put into this, sending 5 brand new pumps that are for sure not from the older defects would be ideal for me and promote good customer service. Include a return shipping label in the box, and I will send u back all of the old pumps that I have after I have replaced them with the new ones. As I have already stated, I’m not looking for any freebies. I’m only trying to obtain the products as I understood they should be (not defective/binding). If you cannot send new pumps or guarantee these new ones aren’t defective too, I don’t know what other options you have.

6/26 - ME
I cannot guarantee new replacement pumps will solve the issue. I think they will. I am pretty sure they will. But I haven’t uncovered enough data to state it unequivocally so. Since money never exchanged hands, we cannot give you money back (I checked). But I can offer you store credit. Do you want to do that?

7/7 - YOU
Sorry for the delay, but I have been trying to figure out how to reply to you. I wouldn't expect you to guarantee me anything unequivocally. I understand that things fail. My issue is that I purchased these under the impression that they had been tested and passed quality assurance. From what the other lady informed me, that doesn't appear to be the case. I have no issue cleaning and maintaining pumps as long as they are not defective, hence my request for pumps that were not part of the defective or untested batches. Either way, I need pumps in my tanks (as I am sure you are well aware as a fellow hobbyist). Can you please elaborate on your offer of store credit? Are you offering full credit for all of the pumps and then you want me to mail them back to you? And what "store" does this refer to where said credits would be able to be used to buy replacement pumps? I guess I just don't fully understand your proposal. I kindly request elaboration. Thanks in advance.

7/7 - ME
No worries! I am offering you store credit at CoralVue for the full retail value of the pumps less shipping and sales tax. You would have to ship the pumps back to us. You could spend that credit however you like. We have other pump options available: https://www.coralvue.com/aquarium-flow-pumps. I’m not sure what the stock levels are on everything, but you could spend them on pumps or whatever else you would like. Basically, you would just create a CoralVue account. Once the pumps are received, I will put the credit on your account. You can spend from it as you wish. It doesn’t all have to be at once. Or I can create the order for you and you don’t have to create an account. I am flexible on how we go about it.

7/7 - YOU
Alright. I understand that you do not understand. I have spend SOOOOOOOOOOO much unnecessary time on this, and all you are offering is something that is completely unacceptable. I literally just told you in my last email that I need pumps. And you, as a hobbyist, should be well aware that a certain level of circulation is required in order to maintain a functional and healthy marine aquarium. Yet you only offer to give me credit AFTER the pumps are received? How does this make ANY sense? That means that I would need to somehow replace the garbage pumps that I have from you with some sort of temporary pumps just so that I can get credit to buy more pumps from you and then replace them yet again (and hope that they don't fail yet again). HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE LOGIC AND CUSTOMER SERVICE from your company. Well I have been 1000% honest and forthcoming with you from the very start. Now is the time where I cut ties with your ridiculous company and I go on a rampage to let EVERYONE IN THE HOBBY know exactly how ****** your pumps are and how horribly lacking your customer service and products support really is. And I have all of the emails and everything from the very start saved, so I hope you are prepared for a massive backlash from all of the horrible reviews I am about to create just to show how incredibly unethical and horrible your company is. Good luck finding the time to try to convince people otherwise considering I am going to literally quote the exact emails from you all and also show the defective items and your pathetic attempts to try to cover them up. Oh, and I'm unemployed right now, so guess what! I have PLENTY of time to do this. All of this fuss when you could have just done the proper thing and replace the pumps as I requested from the dang start. YOU ARE ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOO PATHETIC!!!!!! I'm sure karma will find you now since it is quite obvious that you have bad karma coming your way!!

7/7 - ME
We can replace the pumps. Or we can credit you for the pumps. You have options. If you don’t have backups, you can send in one at a time if you would like. I can send you shipping labels.

7/7 - YOU
Too late. I AM OVER YOUR RIDICULOUS BEHAVIOR!!!!! Check your facebook page...expect much more on the way from every angle I can possibly find

7/7 - ME
We can replace the pumps, refund you for the pumps, and will also pay to have them shipped back to us, one at a time, so that you are not inconvenienced further. I feel great sympathy for how this has affected you. I am also sorry you are out of work at the moment. I saw BRS is hiring. They said in a social post that they will consider remote candidates. It’s not an option for me to send new pumps while you keep the ones you have. If you want replacement parts in advance, as I believe you had suggested before, I can try to arrange sending them. I am remote, so I cannot walk into the warehouse to check what’s available, but I can probably have an answer by tomorrow. I don’t see how walking away with this unresolved is a benefit to either of us.

7/7 - YOU
Benefit? There is no benefit. The only thing now is that your business will deplete. I'm literally already receiving responses on the forums. I've already had to spend extra hours and hours (perhaps days at this point) because your products (defects/cloggin) and company (expecting me to make 5 trips to the post office) are garbage. You have nothing to offer me any longer. You have caused enough damage already and I will be contacting BRS to get a refund from them. Good luck with the barrage of negativity you will soon encounter.

You cursed at our staff. You threatened to harm our company's reputation. We didn't make the pumps you're having issues with, but we made efforts to make it right. I spoke to you respectfully. We'll let other members decide for themselves how you spoke to me. I don't see how anything I said above is unreasonable. But, seeing as 15 of the 16 reviews you've left for businesses on Google are negative, it seems you are rarely satisfied.

I love how you conveniently don't respond to ANYTHING about the poor quality/defective pumps or how long it actually took for you to offer to simply replace the defective pumps. Oh and what about the pumps having some defects that you just sent out to the public as though they are your test subjects? Why didn’t you respond to that? How about providing answers to the problems that I presented rather than deflecting? Just to prove how wrong you are, I’ll respond to every one of your “points”.

You cursed at our staff:
Yeah. I may have thrown a swear word in there once or twice. Guess why. Because your company kept dicking me around for MONTHS!!! You were first notified of my issues on March 17th!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course someone is going to get frustrated when they have to:

Call BRS and then get sent to you.

Send many, many emails and videos to the first lady who didn’t actually solve any problems.

Then get sent to you and have many more emails and phone calls too.

Spend countless hours cleaning products that your company verified had defects.

Then be told that I have to send the products back one by one…meaning I would need a replacement pump and to have to box up five different pumps and make FIVE SEPARATE TRIPS to the post office.

So yeah…maybe I lightly cursed at your staff. It’s not like I told you to F*** OFF from the start. Any yelling or cursing was 100% earned by your company. Additionally, you are in some sort of management position in customer service. If you can’t handle a swear word every now and then, maybe you need to find a new profession. I have worked over 14 years in the customer service field, so I clearly know how should work. Put on your big boy pants and deal with reality. But instead you again try to make me look like I am some sort of a**hole that went out of my way to swear at you.

You threatened to harm our company’s reputation: First of all, I gave you EVERY chance to correct this, and YOU CHOSE NOT TO. There was no “threat”, and I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU THIS ON THE PHONE. I told you that I don’t want to have to share with the public how horrible the products and customer service have been. Is that a threat? No. That’s me being 100% honest with you from the start, exactly like I specifically told you. Didn’t you mention that part? And what do you do instead? You again try to deflect and make it look as though I was trying to hold you hostage. You are trying to make me look like I’m trying to bully you and that you are Mr. Innocent even though I gave you months to correct this. I have done nothing but be truthful with you and the public. I’m sorry if it makes YOU look bad, but it’s the reality of the situation.

We didn't make the pumps you're having issues with: Guess what. YOU SELL THEM SO YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE!!! I don’t think I can make that any clearer. If you sell someone something, you should stand behind it and repair any damages caused by it. And it shouldn’t be done in a ridiculously drawn out manner that causes the consumer a ton of extra time and money. You are lucky these pumps didn’t cause my tank to spike and for me to lose thousands or tens of thousands of corals. Then you would be seeing a lawsuit on top of this completely truthful review of you and your company. But what do you do instead? You again deflect, and blame whoever made the products rather than holding your own company liable. But, in the end, YOU ARE THE ONES THAT DECIDED TO SELL THESE so you are responsible for them.

we made efforts to make it right: Efforts? You call countless emails and phone calls that resolved absolutely nothing as efforts? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The CORRECT thing to do would have been exactly what I suggested from the start…JUST REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE PUMPS!!!!!!!! Is that really asking so much?!?! For you to correct your wrongs?!?!?! I think not!!! So stop trying to make it look like you have good customer service because you clearly don’t.

I spoke to you respectfully: I’m sorry, but when did I say that you didn’t speak to me professionally? This is YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT DEFLECTING!!! You are simply trying to make yourself look like Mr. Calm Cool and Collected when the reality is that YOU DIDN’T HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! Instead you tried to make me jump through hoops for over three months, perhaps in hopes that I would just get sick of trying to seek assistance. All of my correspondences started out giving you every chance to do the right thing. But just ticked them away.

We'll let other members decide for themselves how you spoke to me: You are exactly correct. They will decide themselves. That’s exactly why I posted all of this information to forums. Do you think I was trying to hide something? If I was, why would I even tell you that I was going to post to forums? That makes no sense. I would have tried to do all of this without you even knowing so that you wouldn’t be able to reply. But, instead, I was, again, 100% forthcoming with you. And what do you do in response, again you try to deflect and try to make me sound like I am in the wrong. Nice try. I’m sure that people will be able to see through your obvious façade. The important part here is not the communication style. The point is that your products and customer service are quite subpar.

I don't see how anything I said above is unreasonable.: So you are telling me that you think that its reasonable for me to have to :

Box up 5 pumps individually that had issues due to you or your manufacturer….NOTHING TO DO WITH ME as far as you have told me yet. Am I using my own boxes and tape? Because you didn’t offer any.

Change one pump at a time using even more of my own personal time to correct issues caused by your products.

Make 5 separate trips to the post office to send you each pump back individually, costing me even more time, gas, and miles on my car (when a onetime pick up is obviously available via Fed Ex, and I’m sure you know this being in the sales industry and all).

Wait for you to credit my account (which I would have to go online and create according to your email) for each individual pump, wasting even more of my time going online and simply waiting for the credits.

Order a new individual pump 5 different times, costing me even more of my own time

And wait for 5 separate shipments of pumps, and having to unbox, clean, etc. costing me even more of my own time?

Maybe you should put yourself in my shoes. Do you not realize how much time and effort this would take? And this is already on top of me waiting for MONTHS and you only offering to replace pumps in a ludicrous manner that only safeguards your company because you can’t extend trust to someone that had already allowed you MONTHS to rectify the situation. So I can’t disagree more about you saying something unreasonable. It is VERY UNREASONABLE to treat your customers in this manner.

But, seeing as 15 of the 16 reviews you've left for businesses on Google are negative, it seems you are rarely satisfied.: Oh you probably thought you had me with this one, didn’t you? Hilarious. Nice try. First of all, I usually only make reviews on products if they are either really good or really bad. In your case it’s obviously really bad. This is probably how a lot of consumers post reviews. They want to either share the great products/services that they found or warn people about the horrible products/services that encountered. To dispute your point (that you think I only publish bad things about companines):

Copied and pasted directly from Google Reviews:

Embargo grill: 5 stars - Key west combination is soooooooo good. Hurricane combination quite good too. And the curry sauce with the Canasta de Fritas is suuuper good too. Definitely recommend this place, and I'm quite a picky eater!!

American Freight: 3 stars - The salesman Scott was very helpful and very nice. I got approval and took a washer and dryer home within a couple hours. They had to order the stacking connector for me which took a couple days. No big deal right? Not until you try to pick it up! I called to see if it was in but the outlet side REFUSES to check or even try to check if the warehouse has it. Sales I give a 3 out of 3. Customer service I give a NEGATIVE 2 out or a possible 3. They could care less and were worthless when trying to help me get the part I need. If you don't care about service after your purchase then this is the place for you!!! Thank the night supervisor whoever she may be.

Oh and below is my review summary from yelp. Notice how there are 5, 5 star ratings and 6, 4 star review!!!!!!. Oh, and that’s weird, 12 people found them useful. Who would have guessed?!?! Oh but I’m sure you didn’t considering posting my yelp reviews because that would go against your purpose of trying to make me look bad, now wouldn’t it? My purpose is to let the truth be known, whether good or bad. So maybe you should STOP TRYING TO HIDE THE TRUTH BY DEFLECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating Distribution

5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Review Votes

Useful 12

Funny 2

Cool 2

I’m sorry if you can’t handle the truth and someone that will critically critique you, but that’s exactly what reviews are for.

And I 100% would LOVE to see you dispute ANY of the negative reviews that I have written. They are all easily defensible. This is YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT DEFLECTING!!!!

So now it’s your turn to defend your actions. Your coworker acknowledged that there were defects in the pumps. Why aren’t you responding to that? I asked for nothing special. I simply asked for you to mail me versions of the pumps that were not defective. Now tell me, why couldn’t you send me all 5 pumps at once? You don’t trust me? Let’s look at the reality of this. YOU ARE THE ONES THAT CAN’T BE TRUSTED. I told you COUNTLESS times that I am not looking for ANYTHING for free. I told you that I simply want what I paid for and that I would send you back everything that I currently have. Being that I spent SOOOOOOOOOOOO much time and effort (over the course of over 3 months, I might add) in trying to get you to simply send me functional pumps, don’t you think good customer service would have been to just replace them? Especially considering that your coworker acknowledged that there were defects?!?!?

I hope after all of this you will stop trying to lie to the public and belittle me so that you can simply save face for your horrible company (rather than provide truth, ethics/morals, and good customer service that the public deserves).

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another outstanding review of the products and the great customer service you can expect from CoralVue:

Rolando P.
1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked motor housing!!! Times 2!!!
Reviewed in the United States on November 7, 2019

I have 2 Maxspect Gyre pumps. Both have had their motor pump housings crack over time. Maxspect won’t warranty these defective pumps for nothing. Their support won’t acknowledge the issue. They just give you a generic response saying they’ll give you 10% off the purchase of a replacement motor. This is ridiculous. Do not buy!!! You’ve been warned.

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another (ONE OF MY FAVORITES) outstanding review of the products and the great customer service you can expect from CoralVue:

Tommy
1.0 out of 5 stars 4 of my 8 units stopped working and support is the worst I've ever encountered
Reviewed in the United States on September 29, 2019
Verified Purchase
I ordered 4 controllers and 8 xf350 pumps total. Out of those, 2 pumps and 1 controller was DOA and never turned on even once. And 2 weeks after using another set 2 pumps and 1 controller stopped working and never turned on again. This is not to mention that 2 others stopped working but a new firmware installed solved those 2 back to working status. So if you count those also, then 6 out of 8 controllers had issues but 75% fail rate but got it up to an astounding 50% fail rate thankfully. The menu screens have to be some of the worse least intuitive ways to set something, the have letters that represent nothing you would expect in the english language. Firmwares had issues and just stop the units from working. It feels like we are beta testing their products for free for them yet they charge an arm and a leg for these units. Carlos and Angie of CoralVue tried to help but 22 emails later nothing was done at all, at email 22 we got to did you try unplugging and unplugging it, common guys wow! About 16 of those emails we them just asking for receipts and retailer addresses of where and when and how I received the units. Bottom line, maxspect is no help and their support is Chinese native speakers, coralvue steps in to provide english service and they successfully helped with nothing at all. Support is a -10 out of 10. For a chinese pump with a super high fail rate they still charge top dollar for I'm still wondering what. I would seriously avoid.

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another outstanding review of the products and the great customer service you can expect from CoralVue:

James Z.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stops working randomly and the worst customer service I've encountered
Reviewed in the United States on April 24, 2019

Edit: So after a firmware update fixed the problem below for channel B, a few weeks later, channel A of the gyre stopped working. There was no apparent cause—I just noticed one day that my tank had lower flow than it should. I'm trying a firmware update AGAIN, but there's no excuse for these units shutting off randomly. I recommend you buy something else until Maxspect fixes this. I reached out to Maxspect, and their solution was for me to take the pumps out of my tank, send them to them, and then if they found the same problem, they'd send new ones. Who in their right mind takes their primary wavemakers out of the tank for a week or more?

RUN AWAY from these. This is a flawed product and even worse customer service.

*** Original review ***

Overall, these things are amazing, they are near totally silent, and they look great. I recommend them to others.

I had XF230s and 250s before this, plus various others (mp10wqd, mp40wqd, koralia, Icecap, etc.). None were as quiet as these are. I had my old Maxspect gyres at 70% or so and hated hearing the whine they made. I put these in and, at just 10-20% they blew the old flow out of the water (no pun intended). And better yet, they were completely quiet. I'm gradually ramping them up, but in my % for % comparisons (since I have my old XFs on another tank in the house now), these are much quieter.

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yadier
1.0 out of 5 stars Customer service very bad
Reviewed in the United States on September 16, 2018
Verified Purchase
I bought this product with two pumps worth approximately $ 500 in February 2018, thinking it was a safe product and that the company that manufactured it was efficient, installed it in my tank in April 2018 and in September one of the pumps was hurt me I had more than 10 days trying to replace the pump with the manufacturer and I have not had any response. customer service online is very bad. the pump is good it does its job but it only lasts 5 months running at 40%

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kim

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money
Reviewed in the United States on February 11, 2020
Verified Purchase
Product seized up and stopped working after a year and a half. The price you pay the item is not worth it. I contacted the company too and they basic said too bad. They wanted me to buy the replacement parts and what those cost I may as well buy a new system. The product did work good while it worked but save your money, it's not worth it.

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reviews above were just the ones that I found on Amazon right now. I am only trying to show how Jeff at CoralVue is only trying to deflect, and is not actually acknowledging the issues at hand. I am OBVIOUSLY not the only one that has had issues with this company.

I patiently await a thorough explanation to all of the responses above from Mr. Superstar Jeff!!!

Fernthereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this discussion is not appropriate in this forum. While I understand the frustration of both parties, and the OP may propose a HEALTHY discussion, this is not the way to go. Hopefully some moderators can chime in to end this.

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this discussion is not appropriate in this forum. While I understand the frustration of both parties, and the OP may propose a HEALTHY discussion, this is not the way to go. Hopefully some moderators can chime in to end this.
Can you kindly elaborate as to what is not appropriate? How do you propose the truth be known if not in places like this? Isn’t that the entire purpose of product and company reviews? I already tried emails, phone calls, and sent videos. I gave them over 3 months. Please explain to me, in detail, what the “appropriate” way to handle this would be. I would honestly love to know. It’s most definitely not fun to get screwed by a product and the retailer, but it’s waaaaay less fun to spend hours doing this. I would sincerely love to have a better option, but the truth needs to be known and companies should not be allowed to sell you garbage and not replace it, especially when it is within the warranty timeline.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the vendor feedback forum and that is what this is for...….

OP
OP
F

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are pictures of what happen to the bushings (holding the ceramic rod on the opposite end of the motor). They clog, melt, wear down, inner and outer parts slip apart, and they break in half eventually as shown in the last picture. I recently cleaned them before going out of town for a week. I got them spotless so they wouldn’t clog when I was gone. Luckily it took 10 days to clog. That’s how sad these products are. Having to clean a power head every ten days is absurd!!

125EF91F-FF53-46AF-9ACF-8F4487C5B6E4.jpeg

A57212B6-8F68-45C8-9FA6-D6D56CB00F5E.jpeg

6E3DF0E8-5EC0-4D78-91DA-CB146461F2F3.jpeg

A200D5AC-D190-4064-851E-FFA6E45CBAC1.jpeg

1E7B04DD-99C6-4972-BD7E-465E045D097F.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This doesn’t look like it’s resolving and feedback has been left. The thread will remain. But for anymore interaction we ask that you please discuss via PM or any other method you choose. Our feedback forum is meant to leave feedback and not as an avenue to resolve issues. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back