Maxspect Jump Gyre MJGF4K - One or Two

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Looking at purchasing one of the above pumps for my new tank. My question is will I get away with just the one or will I need one at each end. The tank is a 255 Ltr tank

thanks

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your stocking goals in terms of corals?

I would always advocate for two pumps over one when it comes to flow, but that's pretty easy to do with someone else's money. The gyre's are very strong wide flow which is awesome, but my ideal situation would be two of them on lower settings.

OP
OP
Mattgee

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ludnix

Many thanks for your reply. As far as coral stocking goes I’m currently not really sure. Hoping to have a mixture of LPS and SPS but leaning mainly towards LPS. but as always with reef tanking this will probably change.
As the tank is only 3ft in length i didn’t want to go overboard on the flow.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those series are basically the icecap 2k/4k series. On a 60 gallon tank (not sure of dimensions?) the 4k will rip pretty well. How thick is the glass?

Opposing gyres will always be better than a single.

OP
OP
Mattgee

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kyl

Glass is 10mm thick. It’s more an issue of cost v flow at the moment. Maybe start with one and add another a bit further down the line if required?
I have a couple of Hydor Koralia 1600 I can use in there along with the smart wave controller.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with how much flow the 2k put out, the 4k most definitely rips in my 6' shallow frag tank. #reefsquad Icecap 2k users, thoughts?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back