Maxspect Recurve 4 ft R6-120 DISCONTINUED?

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking this may fall into the vendor (BRS), discontinuing not the actual manufacture. Many vendors/distributor will "discontinue" items that dont sell. Remember money out on product sitting on shelf is money tied up and not making money in for a company.

OP
OP
ReeferSamster

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marin
Im thinking this may fall into the vendor (BRS), discontinuing not the actual manufacture. Many vendors/distributor will "discontinue" items that dont sell. Remember money out on product sitting on shelf is money tied up and not making money in for a company.

I noticed marine depot Also says we are no longer carrying the 4ft recurve.

OP
OP
ReeferSamster

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received confirmation from maxspect that the recurve series is being discontinued for lack of interest. I think it has to do with the double price point compared to the Razor X's.

It is a great idea and light, in my opinion and everyone should pick up the leftovers when they go for half price. I picked up the 48 inch Recurve for half price. It was cheaper than the 4ft version of the Razor X!

OP
OP
ReeferSamster

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right. But it's an awesome light and eliminates the spotlight effect of led pucks with the side leds.

You can pick one up at half price 600 bucks if anyone has inventory left. I got the last one from BRS for 50%off

OP
OP
ReeferSamster

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Too high of a price. But the light is awesome, eliminates the spotlighting effect with those side adjustable lights.

4 pucks on a 48 inch fixture gives plenty of light with the side leds. I also love the warm whites with the cool whites.

You can pick one up 50% off remaining inventory of online stores. That's a good price point. I got the last one from BRS for 600.

Howard@Maxspect

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

We have not discontinued the Recurve line, in fact, we're still having a lot of customers around the world interested in this product line, and its uniqueness is still sought after by many hobbyists.

Just because our US distributor CoralVue choose to not carry this line anymore, it doesn't mean we have discontinued this line.

I hope this would clear things up a bit.

Thanks.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

We have not discontinued the Recurve line, in fact, we're still having a lot of customers around the world interested in this product line, and its uniqueness is still sought after by many hobbyists.

Just because our US distributor CoralVue choose to not carry this line anymore, it doesn't mean we have discontinued this line.

I hope this would clear things up a bit.

Thanks.

What's this then? https://www.coralvue.com/support/625615-Maxspect-Recurve-4ft-R6-120-Discontinued

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Howard@Maxspect

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect still makes the light, CoralVue has chosen to discontinue carrying it in the US is all.

Exactly, thanks. In fact the Recurve is still being sold around the world right now. It's unfortunate that our US distributor has decided not to carry this line anymore.

OP
OP
ReeferSamster

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the light. The side Leds are a great idea, and eliminates the spotlighting effect. also 4 pucks in my 4 ft recurve is alot of light along with the side leds.

OP
OP
ReeferSamster

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it. I don't understand why it didn't do well in the US. The side Leds are a great idea and eliminates the spotlighting effect of other Puck centered leds.

I have the 4 foot version and it's great. The price might have been a factor. But I got it on sale.

20190425_173019.jpg

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it. I don't understand why it didn't do well in the US. The side Leds are a great idea and eliminates the spotlighting effect of other Puck centered leds.

I have the 4 foot version and it's great. The price might have been a factor. But I got it on sale.

20190425_173019.jpg
Thanks for your support and appreciate your sharing!

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the light is cool, Just too expensive. i would have gotten 2 of the 36 in fixtures if they were a couple hundred cheaper, went a different route in the end.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back