• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SPS Fire – Build Your Own Pack – HD Pics & Videos

Item Price
40-600
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question for you Graham. Are all your colonies on square tiles on top of egg crate or just placed on the bottom of your tank?
Thanks

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great insight Graham, I hadn’t thought about running a carbon filter for the air coming into the house but that’s a great idea that I’ll have to look into, we’ve got some fairly dirty air where I live.
Speaking of PH fluctuation... how much variance do you typically see day to night?
Mine usually drops to around 8.0-8.10 at night (I run a Zeovit tank with no refugium) and comes back up to 8.3 by mid afternoon. I’ve considered running a fuge with a PM light cycle to eliminate the swing, but that opens and entirely new can of worms and hey, my corals are growing well so maybe I should just leave good enough alone and quit trying to fine tune things...

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great insight Graham, I hadn’t thought about running a carbon filter for the air coming into the house but that’s a great idea that I’ll have to look into, we’ve got some fairly dirty air where I live.
Speaking of PH fluctuation... how much variance do you typically see day to night?
Mine usually drops to around 8.0-8.10 at night (I run a Zeovit tank with no refugium) and comes back up to 8.3 by mid afternoon. I’ve considered running a fuge with a PM light cycle to eliminate the swing, but that opens and entirely new can of worms and hey, my corals are growing well so maybe I should just leave good enough alone and quit trying to fine tune things...
What is the downside of running a reverse fuge light cycle?

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

For me it would be just the fact that it’s a change in general (instability), I would expect to initially gain some Ph while the tank lights are off but it would suck down nutrient levels. I would have to take corrective action (dosing Nitrate and Phosphate, taking my Zeo reactor offline, etc) to stop them from zeroing out. I would make any change very slowly, small amount of the algae of choice and a short photo period, along with testing nutrients often if I did do this.
The last thing to consider is complexity of the machine we’ve built to maintain the biology it supports. Simply put, the fewer failure points a machine has, the more reliable it is. In our application more reliable = a more stable ecosystem long term for these animals to live in.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is awesome information! I love asking the REAL established stick guys how they achieve such great success! I am definitely newer to keeping (alive and THRIVING) SPS so hearing your tactics really help. I live in the desert with my wife, 4 kids, dog and cat. I try to keep the windows open as much as possible but when it isn't possible I notice my pH dropping to as low as 7.6 and doesn't get higher then 7.9. I've noticed turning on the whole house fan helps but doesn't do the trick like fresh air does. I've tried CO2 scrubbers (with so so success), kalk in ATO, I run a refugium with a kessil H380 12 hrs a day opposite of my DT which I like to think helps but who knows. I think the next thing I need to do is run a one inch line up the wall into the attic to draw in fresh air.

It is interesting to me your NO3 is so low. I LOVE fish in my tank so my NO has been floating around 25 ppm for some time now. PO4 I control with LaCl and try to keep under 0.15. If it gets any higher a few of my zoas start to hate life.

What are your Par levels? I run radion xr30 G4 Pros AB+ with blue plus T5 at 100%. I need to check my par levels but all the sticks don't seem to mind.

Do you have a youtube or instagram?

Typically I keep acros anywhere from 200-500 PAR. The vast majority are 200-350, there's not too many pieces in my experience that really benefit from PAR over 350.

Sorry, no youtube or instagram.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Quick question for you Graham. Are all your colonies on square tiles on top of egg crate or just placed on the bottom of your tank?
Thanks

On top of eggcrate that is 1" off the bottom of the tank. I used to put the tiles directly on the bottom but a lot of detritus would collect underneath them.

My three systems daily fluctuation looking at the last week on the Apex plots:

8.3-8.65
8.1-8.55
7.9-8.25

On the first two systems I have algae turf scrubbers on revers photoperiods. I don't think it has a big impact. 0.2 to 0.3 swing doesn't seem too severe to me, I wouldn't make changes based on that.

I tend to tweak more things than I should. There's no way to improve something without changes. But if things are doing well I would keep it to small changes and one at a time.

I don't think it makes a big difference in my experience. It may reduce pH swing slightly. The only risk would be if you have really low po4, the algae could out compete the coral.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
WYSIWYG MINI COLONY UPDATE 5/22/21
Pics under T5/Reefbrite/Kessil

I got a ton of inquiries about this grafted piece. Originally I was going to not frag is and just let it grow, but it's been growing really well the last couple months so I decided to cut some frags and get this piece out there. I cut all the frags below from the cluster of branches on the top and the right that had grafting throughout, so these frags should grow out with the grafting

Mother Colony:
gg5k7jw.png

GWS3 Grafted Acro 3/4" frag on 3/4" plug $180 SOLD
T23HQFM.jpg

GWS3 Grafted Acro 1.25" frag on 3/4" plug $250 SOLD
qiO9iGf.jpg

GWS3 Grafted Acro 1"+ frag on 3/4" plug $400 SOLD
BZVd54X.jpg

GWS3 Grafted Acro 1.5" frag on 3/4" plug $500 SOLD
h852hrM.jpg

RMF Lucky Charms 7/8" frag on 3/4" plug $350 SOLD
l0DXRm4.jpg

JF Serial Killer 1.25" frag on 3/4" plug $200 SOLD
0IbEpzK.jpg

Z's Superman 1.25" frag on 3/4" plug $140
Uhznabz.jpg

POTO Evil Queen 3/4" frag on 3/4" plug $160
sdw5jh6.jpg

POTO Evil Queen 3/4" frag on 3/4" plug $160
nOR0iDt.jpg

RMF Psychoberry 1.25" frag on 3/4" plug $160
QQ85Tpw.jpg

Diabolic Pacman 1" frag on 3/4" plug $60 SOLD
Kzdq5Vf.jpg

Diabolic Pacman 1.5" frag on 1.25" plug $180 SOLD
jpgAtpZ.jpg

RMF Psychoberry 2.75" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $320
3bPII7P.jpg

Pinky the Bear 2" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $200
knjn2Hs.jpg

Farmer Ty Lava Monster 3/4" frag on 3/4" plug $300 SOLD
5VtFELY.jpg

Rainbow Haze 1.5"+ frag on 1" plug $80
4Pv40lQ.jpg

Rainbow Haze 1.75"+ frag on 1" plug $140 SOLD
Ycu5HrA.jpg

RMF Candyland 1.5" frag on 1" plug $100
8z0ktJ1.jpg

RMF Candyland 1.25" frag on 1" plug $140 SOLD
TS07HOU.jpg

RMF Candyland 2" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $240
4w8sNG0.jpg

RMF Candyland 3" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $320
3tCIyj0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
WYSIWYG MINI COLONY UPDATE 5/22/21 CONTINUED:

Black Magic Mille 1.5" frag on 3/4" plug $200
V2X7e27.jpg

TSA Princess Peach 1" frag on 3/4" plug $100 SOLD
1Oz22na.jpg

RMF Red Halo 1"+ frag on 1" plug $180 SOLD
qG4PYfU.jpg

WWC Pantera Rose 2" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $200
33jGgGK.jpg

Crown of Glow 2"+ mini-colony on 1.25" plug $280
Xh5AIcz.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
RMF Break Out Your Wallet Mille 1" frag on 1" plug $120 SOLD
8sOMO9f.jpg

RMF Break Out Your Wallet Mille 1.5" frag on 1" plug $160 SOLD
goHLxc7.jpg

RMF Break Out Your Wallet Mille 1.75" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $200 SOLD
wqBRENx.jpg

RMF Break Out Your Wallet Mille 1.75" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $220 SOLD
56rV1Ke.jpg

Last edited:

TaiN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple frags from Graham and I got to say I am exceptionally happy with the purchase. Frags were generously portioned and the shipping was exceptional. The corals arrived with PE while still in the bag. Rest easy and buy in confidence!

JSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graham -
What are the differences between ASD quantum theory and JF fox flame?

powderblue14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my first frag pack from Graham and couldn't be more happy. The frags were in great shape, nicely sized, and the packaging was fantastic. I highly recommend purchasing from Graham.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great pictures !!!

I bought a couple frags from Graham and I got to say I am exceptionally happy with the purchase. Frags were generously portioned and the shipping was exceptional. The corals arrived with PE while still in the bag. Rest easy and buy in confidence!

I purchased my first frag pack from Graham and couldn't be more happy. The frags were in great shape, nicely sized, and the packaging was fantastic. I highly recommend purchasing from Graham.

Thank you guys!

Graham -
What are the differences between ASD quantum theory and JF fox flame?

They're very different in person. ASD is much more pink/purple vs the red body on fox flame. ASD has slightly thinner, but denser branches, and tables much more readily.

badams.one

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WYSIWYG MINI COLONY UPDATE 5/22/21 CONTINUED:

CR Eternal Flame 2" frag on 1" plug $80
c8SMQMG.jpg

CR Eternal Flame 3.25" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $220
7CV3Sa3.jpg

Black Magic Mille 1.5" frag on 3/4" plug $200
V2X7e27.jpg

TSA Princess Peach 1" frag on 3/4" plug $100
1Oz22na.jpg

TCK Code Red 1.75" frag on 1" plug $120
UgjYpjw.jpg

TCK Code Red 1.5" frag on 1" plug $160
kk8r9jj.jpg

RMF Red Halo 1"+ frag on 1" plug $180
qG4PYfU.jpg

TSA Fruity Pebbles 1"+ frag on 1" plug $160
F75Vs8T.jpg

WWC Pantera Rose 2" mini-colony on 1.25" plug $200
33jGgGK.jpg

RRC Tropicana 1.5" frag on 1" plug $400
YsYuhEn.jpg

Crown of Glow 2"+ mini-colony on 1.25" plug $280
Xh5AIcz.jpg
Is the black Mille you have listed the RMF black magic that's mostly pink with blue tips when grown out?

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coral sizes and prices can’t be beat, happen to have any pictures of your systems or frag tanks?

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is the black Mille you have listed the RMF black magic that's mostly pink with blue tips when grown out?

I got this one years ago. It definitely looks different than what he has on his website, I don't get much pink at all with this one. I'll reach out to Jared an see whats up.

Your coral sizes and prices can’t be beat, happen to have any pictures of your systems or frag tanks?

Thanks so much! If you google search "gws3 totm" you can see pics and a write up on my main display. It's an external link so I won't post it here.

Beautiful collection! Gotta go rest my retinas for a bit.

Thanks! Hahah, I know what you mean, I think staring at corals under blue LEDs for so many hours over the years has reprogrammed my brain for how I perceive blue light.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 147 60.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.2%
Back