mce600 deltec skimmer media chamber/phosguard

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,i have a mce600 deltec hang on skimmer and beside the fact that i had the skimmer for 4 years i recently found out that it has a media chamber. I am using phosguard constantly in my canister filter for over 5 months but i don't see enough results.I was wondering if anyone has ever used the media chamber for phosguard and if you have what's your experience with that?

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,i have a mce600 deltec hang on skimmer and beside the fact that i had the skimmer for 4 years i recently found out that it has a media chamber. I am using phosguard constantly in my canister filter for over 5 months but i don't see enough results.I was wondering if anyone has ever used the media chamber for phosguard and if you have what's your experience with that?
That specific one... no. What's your tank size, stocking level, current phosphate and nitrate levels, phosguard amount in your canister, and how often do you change the media in your canister?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That specific one... no. What's your tank size, stocking level, current phosphate and nitrate levels, phosguard amount in your canister, and how often do you change the media in your canister?
240liter-65gallon-
stock: 2 clowns,1 carpenteri wrasse,1 leopard wrasse( i had a small japonicus until 2 weeks ago but it died).
no3 and po4: nitrate spike 1 month ago. It went from 5-10ppm to 25 and phosphates 0.25-0.50(closer to 0.50)
i place 100ml(10 tablespoon) and i change it every week with my water change. *** i know this media needs to be replaced every 3-4 days but i tryed that and it didn't work(phosphates wasn't falling) so i just replace it every week

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back