Measure calcium and magnesium level by a selective ion electrode. Does not require reagents!!

reef / aholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in the Xepta autoBalance + aBex and also found it listed for sale in Spain by a vendor.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am down if its only a 1000 bucks ... how long does it last before it has to be replaced? We all remember vertex cerebra ? spent lots on that as a beta unit now its a piece of trash not worth a nickel. Vertex says sorry!!!
I'm buying old Cerebras if you still have yours. PM me. Full disclosure, they will be giving brand new units to anyone that owns a Beta unit at some point (hopefully soon). I'm part of the final bug testing group and it's pretty impressive.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any info on what replacement specific ion probes will cost, and how long they last before needing replacement?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any info on what replacement specific ion probes will cost, and how long they last before needing replacement?

I heard that the GHL Ion Directors probe will also last about 1 year and have about an $80 replacement cost. The price is still not settled on but thats the price point they are looking at. From the little I have read about them one of my gripes with Ion probes is that they seem to get saturated very easily and then die. I guess this is why none of the systems that use them keep the probe submerged and giving constant readings. The water is always pumped in and read and then quickly removed. This means the daily sample rates are going to have a huge impact on the time periods between calibrations and the overall lifespan of the probe.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought these got released? same with the hydros. did anything get released? zepta ziggy zappa thingy?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back