Measure calcium and magnesium level by a selective ion electrode. Does not require reagents!!

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this just showed up on my social media. Does anyone know the story on this?

I am digging now but this seems to be"if actually works" a amazing product?

Links and quoted statements with pictures.

Xepta_autobalance_17W6506-500x498.png

The Xepta autoBalance:

Xepta autoBalance is an automatic measurement and dosing system, which from the measurement of the Kh (available calcium and magnesium measurement through the expansion module) of the aquarium allows to accurately dose all the salts that the aquarium needs for the correct development and growth of all types of coral. Maintaining alkalinity at a stable value without fluctuations over time is the key to success in mixed reef aquariums. The objective of this automatic measuring equipment is to provide the user with that stability and at the same time be able to have the dosing channels integrated in the same equipment.

The equipment has three dosing channels that are preconfigured for the use of our balanced system Xepta Reef Balance , which will achieve optimal results in terms of growth and coloration, all dosed in a fully automatic.

• Controllable through web application and iOS / Android mobile application via Wifi connectivity
  • Indication of the operating mode of the equipment by means of a light indicator
  • Daily analysis number configured by the user
  • Accuracy of the equipment adjustable by the user
  • 3 dosing channels for use with a balanced system
  • Alarm for low level of reagents
  • No additional driver is necessary for its operation
Together with the expansion module that measures calcium and magnesium, allows total control over the three major elements involved in the growth and proper development of hard corals, which will allow the user to not worry about these tasks and facilitate the maintenance of aquariums of mixed reef.

Ref (https://xepta-reef.com/catalogo-productos-xepta/equipos-medicion/xepta-autobalance/)

The add on that I think is the most interesting. Quoted off there Facebook link below:

(https://tinyurl.com/ybtgvvrg)

51150940_2272018492859087_566221103593160704_n.jpg

Here´s the expansion module autoBalance expansion (aBex), we can measure calcium and magnesium level by a selective ion electrode. Don´t requier reagents!! easy and automatic way to measure calcium, magnesium and potassium in aquarium

Does anyone have one? If not ill see if i can get a full system to check out.

Link to company:

www.xepta-reef.com

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, this thing looks nice. It can measure potassium too.
The only point I have in my mind is does this only equipped to balance and dose its own reagents or it can work as a independent unit with all kind of other third party products.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Xepta autoBalance:

Xepta autoBalance is an automatic measurement and dosing system, which from the measurement of the Kh (available calcium and magnesium measurement through the expansion module) of the aquarium allows to accurately dose all the salts that the aquarium needs for the correct development and growth of all types of coral. Maintaining alkalinity at a stable value without fluctuations over time is the key to success in mixed reef aquariums. The objective of this automatic measuring equipment is to provide the user with that stability and at the same time be able to have the dosing channels integrated in the same equipment.

The equipment has three dosing channels that are preconfigured for the use of our balanced system Xepta Reef Balance , which will achieve optimal results in terms of growth and coloration, all dosed in a fully automatic.

• Controllable through web application and iOS / Android mobile application via Wifi connectivity
  • Indication of the operating mode of the equipment by means of a light indicator
Together with the expansion module that measures calcium and magnesium, allows total control over the three major elements involved in the growth and proper development of hard corals, which will allow the user to not worry about these tasks and facilitate the maintenance of aquariums of mixed reef.

Ref (https://xepta-reef.com/catalogo-productos-xepta/equipos-medicion/xepta-autobalance/)

The add on that I think is the most interesting. Quoted off there Facebook link below:

Here´s the expansion module autoBalance expansion (aBex), we can measure calcium and magnesium level by a selective ion electrode. Don´t requier reagents!! easy and automatic way to measure calcium, magnesium and potassium in aquarium

Link to company:

www.xepta-reef.com

I email company for cost. It's self driven. No other device to operate it. Cool

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, this thing looks nice. It can measure potassium too.
The only point I have in my mind is does this only equipped to balance and dose its own reagents or it can work as a independent unit with all kind of other third party products.

I hope independent and you as the end user could calibrate to almost any brand. Now that would be cool...

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine Reefkeeping in 5 more years, yes we can manually test but nothing beats comfort idk why I find testing so tedious even kh which is a few drops into a vile until color change simple as that but I rather pay for something or someone to do it for me lol

Last edited:

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does it say it doesn't require reagents? Because in your bullet points it says:

Which leads me to believe that it does infact use reagents. What appears to be a pH probe sticking out of the top makes it look like it is doing some sort of titration.

There is a reagentless way to measure ALK, but it requires you to be able to measure CO2 in solution, commercial probes that do this exist but cost $5000+ and don't work great in the presence of chlorine ions.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also think this is a standalone version of other systems like trident, ghls alkalinity system ect. That use auto titration and some sort pf probes to read the results most likely ph.

There are ion electrode probes for almost any ion out there. But are extraordinarily expensive, not meant for constant submersion, and some are gigantic like 3 feet long. They ate meant for scientific purposes where you take a reading, then remove:

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the expansion module autoBalance expansion (aBex) Xepta say's :
"in the picture you can see two electrodes, black is ion electrode and green is a reference electrode. aBex can´t work in continuous mode, is for a programmed automatic measurement (one, two... per week)"

JDtimk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it uses reagents and they are proprietary. Xepta Reef Balance reagents. So with the expansion module it's basically a trident that beat Neptune to market.

From Xepta website. translated using google.

It is an automatic measurement and dosing system, which from the measurement of Kh (available measurement of calcium and magnesium through the expansion module) of the aquarium allows accurate dosage of all the salts that the aquarium needs for the correct development and growth of all types of corals. Maintaining alkalinity at a stable value without fluctuations over time is the key to success in mixed reef aquariums. The objective of this automatic measurement equipment is to provide the user with that stability and at the same time be able to have the dosing channels integrated in the same equipment.
The equipment has three dosing channels that are preconfigured for the use of our balanced system Xepta Reef Balance, which will achieve optimal results in terms of growth and coloration, all dosed in a fully automatic.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Xepta autoBalance:

Link to company:

www.xepta-reef.com
Got email from them, finally. Base model picture above $515, they have a deluxe model coming out at $950(apprx). What deluxe model includes, I need to email them. Stay tune :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I'm emailing to them in Spanish, for $450 you get KH machine to monitor and dose. Controlled by smartphone.
For $915 you get the machine that monitors and controls CA & Mg. Controlled by smartphone.
I emailed them if machines are available now. Stay tune

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Xepta autoBalance:

Link to company:

www.xepta-reef.com
Ok, the dosing machine in picture only part of complete machine. One needs aBex to control/dose CA & Mg. I emailed back for total price to control Ca&Mg. Stay tune

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back