Media Reactor and High Phosphates

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my tank I am battling high phosphate in my 13.5 nano tank about a year old and my 40 gallon C VUE Tank about 4 months old. Phosphate .90 in the 13.5 and .43 in the 40 gallon tank. Not sure if they read this high because I just fed the tank about a half hour previous. Nitrates numbers are fine and sit between 5-10ppm. I am looking into the idea of getting a medio reactor for both tanks. I have tried having macro algae and monitoring my feeding. Note my phosphate numbers have had zero adverse affects so far. No nuisance algae growth, corals are growing fine and are happy. I have never used a media reactor before and I have watched videos and just want some reassurance on use. The videos I have been watching does the reactor just hang on the back of the tank and just suck water into it and then put it back into the tank. Would you mess around with a reactor if nothing has had any adverse affect in your tank. I know high phosphates can lead to a algae bloom at some point. What would be some suggestions for media reactors for tanks this size. Thanks for any help or input anyone has.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to test phosphate? Those numbers are crazy high.
With those size tanks, I'd just do water changes to get my numbers down.
I suggest doing another test, and/or taking a sample to the LFS for testing.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to test phosphate? Those numbers are crazy high.
With those size tanks, I'd just do water changes to get my numbers down.
I suggest doing another test, and/or taking a sample to the LFS for testing.
I just Hanna Phosphate checker

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back