Media Reactor Suggestions

MangoSentinels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers

I've been running my SCA 50 Gallon build for about 6 months now.

Livestock:

Clownfish
Flasher Wrasse
Banggai Cardinal
Midas Blenny
Black Cap Basslet
Juvenile One Spot Foxface (will be moved to 120 when gets bigger but handles my algae for now)
Cleaner Shrimp

Things are going very well. No aggression in the tank & the fish are all happy and healthy. I wanted to improve my sump and finally add some proper gfo/carbon reactors for crystal clear water. I've been using chemi pure elite & Purigen in the bags but I'm not getting the full potential of the media with them just sitting in the sump.

Is there a media chamber you could recommend for my tank?

Right now I'm looking at getting brs dual media with high capacity gfo & rox carbon. Is this a good choice for my size tank? Space is really limited in my sump.

Thank you

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this small reactor for carbon. I do not run gfo although this would work and is small.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i personally would use a reactor that is easy to change the media like the brs reactors. i do not have them and use a more standard reactor but it is a pain when i have to change the media out. you can get a single and can feed off a pump like shown or a valve off your system
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 2.36.31 PM.png

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i personally would use a reactor that is easy to change the media like the brs reactors. i do not have them and use a more standard reactor but it is a pain when i have to change the media out. you can get a single and can feed off a pump like shown or a valve off your system
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 2.36.31 PM.png
Those are nice if you have the space. Mine is limited but I would love to have the ability to have pre made up cartridges ready to go.
I will have these on my next system.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back