Meet the R2R Moderator Team!!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by revhtree, Sep 19, 2014.

1. cameronh

cameronh Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad

[​IMG] lol just kidding

2. vlangel

vlangel Seahorse whisperer R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Congrats Meredith. You will be a great addition to the R2R team!

kireek, steve&mari, cameronh and 3 others like this.
  3. SVP

SVP Member

Awesome diesel you were one of the first people to give me advice on this forum! And it was solid great advice! Now R2R it's all I use because of people like you. Take care

4. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Spotlight Award Partner Member 2018

^^^^^^Hey Bro, all my pleasure.^^^^^^^^
    Glad you like R2R but it ain't only me, we have a great team here and AMAZING members like you is a must for this forum to be not only the best we can be but just a good friendly place to hang and not only for sake of this hobby.
    How's your tank doing?

steve&mari, Tahoe61 and cameronh like this.
  5. SVP

SVP Member

I'm right at the point of getting ready to put water into it. But I live in Cocoa Beach Florida. So I guess I am lucky that I took my time. Cause it looks like we are going to get hammered with Mathew the Class 4 hurricane it is going to go right over our town/house. We will see by Sunday if I even have a home left let alone an aquarium. I have been through a lot of hurricanes ( compared to most people) and this is by far the worst one that I have seen hit this area. It is beautiful to live down here(great weather year around, beautiful beaches and lots of fun things to do) but this is the price we pay sometimes. But I do really like the website and am grateful for how people treat you and help you without making you feel like a idiot when you ask a question because you didn't know something. Anyway I gotta get back to boarding up my home.

6. steve&mari

steve&mari Blessed Reefer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad

Prayers are sent for you and everyone in its path. Hopefully you are able to weather this storm without any problems. Keep preparing for it and stay safe.

Thank you to all the mods and the R2R team for all you guys do for our community.

Bunnee911, kireek and SVP like this.
  7. Bluecbs

Bluecbs Active Member

Thank you all for your fantabulous works, keep it up.:D:D:D

8. domination2580

domination2580 Reef-a-nator

Thanks guys, what you guys do for this hobby is exactly what keeps this hobby existing and growing. Without help a lot of people would just give up at the first bacterial bloom.

9. Jason mack

Jason mack Monti madness R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Nice too meet you all ,and put a face too a name .. thank you all for the great work and support you give too this hobby and us all !!!

10. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

First name:
    TJ

Why I chose my screen name:

I used to be a waiter where the biggest meal was breakfast. Also, it's just good advice.

Current tank:
    Deep Blue 80g rimless tank. 2x 250w Phoenix halides

Wrasse and sps dominant

Areas of strength:
    Fish behavior and compatibility, reef fish nutrition, and general reef knowledge.

Other hobbies and interests:
    I am very religious and involved with activities relating to that.

I have 2 young sons(ages 3 and 5 as of 3/11/17) so always on my toes with them.

Useless information, which is even less valuable in this day and age of Google. Related to that, interesting facts about nature.

Watching movies and tv.

upload_2016-8-17_17-18-53.png

11. ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef Well-Known Member

I feel like this thread is like the boardroom

All the bosses in one place

Reason i would want to be a moderator is to get that emoji next to my name just love it
    [​IMG]

GoVols, kschweer and saltyfilmfolks like this.
  12. kschweer

kschweer Zoas!!! Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

A list of staff members can be found here:
    https://www.reef2reef.com/members/?type=staff

Moderators will also have a red colored username.

13. ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef Well-Known Member

Now you are just teasing me

Jason mack and kschweer like this.
  14. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

A little overdue with this, but here it goes...

First Name:
    David

Why you chose your screen name:
    Well I could tell you it stands for ‘double’ because I’m a twin , or I’m double trouble, or it has a double meaning. The reality is, it’s not that exciting, it’s just my initials.

Current tank specs:
    120g peninsula mixed reef

Build thread:
    Main Tank Build thread can be found here
    Mobile QT/Frag Tank can be found here

Area of strength in the hobby:

I can honestly say I still learn something every day. I enjoy designing and putting systems together, including building stands. I guess it’s easiest just to stay I’m a Jack of all trades and a master of none!

Favorite hobby outside reefing:

I enjoy golfing and actually used to be very good, but don’t play much any more. I also love woodworking and have been focusing on getting back in to that hobby lately.

How long have you been reef keeping:
    Just about four years now, but I still consider myself a rookie.

It was 30 years ago this past May that I married my high school sweatheart, so we’ve actually been together for 36 years. We’ve raised two daughters; well she raised two daughters and I just take all the credit. Eldest was married last year and the younger one just finished college in May and is now gainfully employed forging her own way too.

God has blessed us in so many ways and we so very thankful for our family and friends. I’m also blessed with the many new friends and family I’ve met here on R2R, many of which I’ve never met in person. So I’ve got that to look forward to!

Happy Reefing!

20171116_190410.jpg

15. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

First Name

Jeffrey

Why You chose your screen name

It is an abbreviation of my full name

Current Tanks

72 Gallon bow front

Future Tank

90 cube

Build Thread

My 72 Bowfront link

Area of strength in the hobby

None really, and I say this because every day is a new learning experience in this hobby. If I must say, you will see me dabbling in DIY, Lighting, chemistry, and disease for corals and fish.

What else do I do outside of reefing

Cook, woodworking, building computers things that are challenging.
    Lightroom Fix-5195.jpg
    How long have I had tanks?

I started about 35 years ago with fresh water tanks. I had a 35 hex, 75 gallons and a 150 at one-point fresh water. I had to sell off the 75 and the 150 and converted my 35 in to my first saltwater tank. Some how I broke the front glass of the 35 with a coffee cup feeding the fish with frozen. I upgraded to a 75 the next day. I have pretty much had 75-gallon tanks from then on.

I have taken some breaks along the way, current system is my most successful system by far with all the improvement in reef keeping.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  16. reef lover

reef lover It's a reef thing.... R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

Thank you to all of you for all that you do!!

GoVols, melypr1985, TUSI and 3 others like this.
  17. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

FFDA42C5-1FA7-4A6C-9956-CFAA649FADDD.jpeg 51AE836D-1A3E-495B-9D6B-5218D4B0BD4C.png

First Name: Jason

Why You chose your screen name: Well, I owned 4 Fords. I sold one, but I’ll be at 4 or 5 in short order I’m a bit addicted to automobiles. I’ve had 26 Fords now, all but one I’ve loved. I used to flip cars to get through college and I’ve had many old Fords with 300-468k miles on the original drivetrain. I currently own a 2012 F150 4x4, 2013 Fusion Titanium, and a 2016 Explorer Sport AWD. Next will be a 1970 or so classic mustang, considering a 2018 expedition, and GT500 if I get my money right!

Well, they said to bring pics.
    176E9E14-99CA-4CD2-A664-CE3201C7AEB0.jpeg
    Wife’s car 0E8E723E-B047-4662-9A3A-55722DC4818C.jpeg
    Heavy Betty
    B4F7B80A-3E35-41EE-A795-7A58B338D77F.jpeg
    Trusty Gray at the old house

Current Tank Specs:
    Well as of right now I have a 180 reef with tons of tangs and inexpensive easy coral. I also have a Red Sea reefer 170 I won here for the partner member contest. At one point though I had a 125 wrasse reef with 20 wrasse in it, a 180 angel tank with 8 angels in it, and my tang tank had 8 tangs or so in it.

For the moment though, that’s it. I’m planning a 10-12 foot wall tank for the future— for the large angels long-term! Stay tuned!

D78D6280-78F1-4869-8CB1-48040A505DEA.jpeg
    520081D4-D02B-4045-9CA3-EC55869329C2.jpeg

To be truthfully honest it depresses me to see pics of my tank after the accident Feb 2017 when I lost 2/3 tanks aforementioned and a whole quarantine full of fish ready to come out to a power outage while on vacation. I don’t take many pics of it for that reason I suspect.

Build Thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/modest-beginnings-of-my-last-180.327776/

Will be one for the wall tank, featuring my “handy” guy @HotRocks (we live within 5 minutes of each other and are close friends outside of the forum, many of you know him as the Hanna Copper Checker Guy! :D)

Area of strength in the hobby:

Fish and fish disease. I know my fish well, I know my expert level fish well (idols, regals, leopard wrass, etc) and I am primarily on the fish disease forum. Tangs, angels, and wrasse are and have been about 90% of my inhabitants. I stock tanks heavily (I really struggle with moderation...)

Favorite hobby outside reefing:

Cars. Hands down. I like customizing them (or designing them and letting someone else do the work because I have zero patience and break everything I touch — I’m not handy).

How long have you been reef keeping:

13 years now. I’ve had 3-4 tanks running at any given time since the start. Including quarantines I guess I’m at 4.

More Info:

I am married since 2012 to my beautiful wife. As of now I have a 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter (currently my avatar).

I am a sales manager and I also secure jumbo reverse mortgages for wealthy clients to use as financial tools. I studied undergraduate at IU Kelley School of Business in Indianapolis Indiana with degrees in Marketing and International business. I have an MBA from Butler University. I also have an economics minor, something I am very interested in as well, but that’s a controversial topic I will leave it at that.

I’m a pretty direct person, I have a pretty bad sense of humor I don’t really show here, and I am a very blessed, God-fearing man. Happy reefing!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  18. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

#Mods
    Thanks for all that you do.

It truly means a lot and it does not go unnoticed.

Freddie

Maritimer, chefjpaul, jsker and 10 others like this.
  19. Mrod

Mrod Member

It was great to see the engine under the hood.

Thank you for all the hard work and passion you spread out to all.

20. TUSI

TUSI Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Photo of the Month Award Reef Spotlight Award Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2018

Thank you everyone for such dedication and hard work that you give this great forum. This is why this forum is the number ONE forum to go too.

Draft saved Draft deleted