It is an abbreviation of my full name

Current Tanks

72 Gallon bow front

Future Tank

90 cube

Build Thread

My 72 Bowfront link

Area of strength in the hobby

None really, and I say this because every day is a new learning experience in this hobby. If I must say, you will see me dabbling in DIY, Lighting, chemistry, and disease for corals and fish.

What else do I do outside of reefing

Cook, woodworking, building computers things that are challenging.
Lightroom Fix-5195.jpg

How long have I had tanks?

I started about 35 years ago with fresh water tanks. I had a 35 hex, 75 gallons and a 150 at one-point fresh water. I had to sell off the 75 and the 150 and converted my 35 in to my first saltwater tank. Some how I broke the front glass of the 35 with a coffee cup feeding the fish with frozen. I upgraded to a 75 the next day. I have pretty much had 75-gallon tanks from then on.

I have taken some breaks along the way, current system is my most successful system by far with all the improvement in reef keeping.

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
FFDA42C5-1FA7-4A6C-9956-CFAA649FADDD.jpeg
51AE836D-1A3E-495B-9D6B-5218D4B0BD4C.png

First Name: Jason

Why You chose your screen name: Well, I owned 4 Fords. I sold one, but I’ll be at 4 or 5 in short order I’m a bit addicted to automobiles. I’ve had 26 Fords now, all but one I’ve loved. I used to flip cars to get through college and I’ve had many old Fords with 300-468k miles on the original drivetrain. I currently own a 2012 F150 4x4, 2013 Fusion Titanium, and a 2016 Explorer Sport AWD. Next will be a 1970 or so classic mustang, considering a 2018 expedition, and GT500 if I get my money right!

Well, they said to bring pics.
176E9E14-99CA-4CD2-A664-CE3201C7AEB0.jpeg

Wife’s car
0E8E723E-B047-4662-9A3A-55722DC4818C.jpeg

Heavy Betty
B4F7B80A-3E35-41EE-A795-7A58B338D77F.jpeg

Trusty Gray at the old house

OK so this next one isn’t a Ford but it does have a V12 from a German Ford factory and was “conjured” under Ford ownership in the company.

F0604255-8E73-4502-A729-9CC5C7ECB47F.jpeg
71C9D36F-CED3-464B-86D1-ED5A08688C43.jpeg

Aston Martin DBS Volante

Current Tank Specs:
Well as of right now I have a 180 reef with tons of tangs and inexpensive easy coral. I also have a 500G FOWLR built in to my wall. Tons of large angels and tangs!

1A63BBF1-E939-4AF1-8BF6-18CD1B01A28E.jpeg

520081D4-D02B-4045-9CA3-EC55869329C2.jpeg

I will build my reef back to glory soon!

Build Threads:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/modest-beginnings-of-my-last-180.327776/

Will be one for the wall tank, featuring my “handy” guy @HotRocks (we live within 5 minutes of each other and are close friends outside of the forum, many of you know him as the Hanna Copper Checker Guy! :D)

Area of strength in the hobby:

Fish and fish disease. I know my fish well, I know my expert level fish well (idols, regals, leopard wrass, etc) and I am primarily on the fish disease forum. Tangs, angels, and wrasse are and have been about 90% of my inhabitants. I stock tanks heavily (I really struggle with moderation...)

Favorite hobby outside reefing:

Cars. Hands down. I like customizing them (or designing them and letting someone else do the work because I have zero patience and break everything I touch — I’m not handy).

How long have you been reef keeping:

14 years now. I’ve had 3-4 tanks running at any given time since the start. Including quarantines I guess I’m at 4.

More Info:

I am married since 2012 to my beautiful wife. As of now I have a 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter.

I am a sales manager and I also secure jumbo reverse mortgages for wealthy clients to use as financial tools. I studied undergraduate at IU Kelley School of Business in Indianapolis Indiana with degrees in Marketing and International business. I have an MBA from Butler University. I also have an economics minor, something I am very interested in as well, but that’s a controversial topic I will leave it at that.

I’m a pretty direct person, I have a pretty bad sense of humor I don’t really show here, and I am a very blessed, God-fearing man. Happy reefing!

Last edited:
Fritz

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wanted to update my previous thread. I still have the 180 up and running and nothing much has changed since the last update post. Well, there was one major "upgrade"

FB_IMG_1520638136573.jpg

Meet Sofia Rose Sebek. She's now almost 9 months old and one of the loves of my life.

FB_IMG_1521504010726.jpg

Here is a picture of Sofia with her older sister Jasmine who is now 5 years old.

Other than that I can only suggest checking out my build thread if you want the up and up on my tank haha.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hybridazns-180-gallon-build.189795/

And lastly I just want to thank the membership for making this forum so awesome! Without you we would be stuck here by ourselves and it would be boring, I can only pick on these guys and gals so much everyday lol.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score

First Name: Tom

Why You chose your screen name: Have used it since I first started playing online games, and its just stuck since then!

Current Tank Specs: 40g tank that is in the works

Build Thread: Do not currently have one since starting the new tank up :( Battling an algae problem already

Area of strength in the hobby: LPS/Acans mostly

Favorite hobby outside reefing: Outdoor type things, hiking, biking, rock climbing, SCUBA diving, ect (and video games!)

How long have you been reef keeping: About 6 years give or take

Corals.com

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wanted to update my previous thread. I still have the 180 up and running and nothing much has changed since the last update post. Well, there was one major "upgrade"

FB_IMG_1520638136573.jpg

Meet Sofia Rose Sebek. She's now almost 9 months old and one of the loves of my life.

FB_IMG_1521504010726.jpg

Here is a picture of Sofia with her older sister Jasmine who is now 5 years old.

Other than that I can only suggest checking out my build thread if you want the up and up on my tank haha.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hybridazns-180-gallon-build.189795/

And lastly I just want to thank the membership for making this forum so awesome! Without you we would be stuck here by ourselves and it would be boring, I can only pick on these guys and gals so much everyday lol.
Whats up man, long time no talk. Hope all is well.

d2mini

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
First Name:
Dennis

Why You chose your screen name:
It's an old screen name from my mini cooper days.
The "d2" i use a lot because of my two "D" initials in my full name. Friends used to call me d2 or d-squared.

Current Tank Specs:
Elos 120XL (approx dims: 47"x31"x19")

Area of strength in the hobby:
Building a system to fit (aesthetically and proportionally) into the given space, and then piecing that system together from start to finish, keeping it fairly organized and as simple as possible.
I rely on some of the more old school techniques/equipment, trying not to get too caught up in all the new gear and trends, unless I truly see an advantage.
I also have an affinity for a more "natural" looking reef with sponges, gorgonians and interesting inverts.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
Photography, Cars (currently a Jeep Wrangler), keeping fit (getting into body building this year and in the best shape of my life at 44).

How long have you been reefkeeping:
Dabbled a little previously but in it full time for the past 11 years.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You all look weird except for Joshporksandwich he looks normal! ;)

Dono if your joking

None of them look weird to me
They are really nice hardworking people that take extra time out of their days to make sure the forum doesn’t loose its values and become the Wild West

Avast
Status
Not open for further replies.

How healthy are your fish?

• All of them are Healthy

Votes: 312 80.8%
  • Most of them are Healthy

Votes: 50 13.0%
  • Half of them are Healthy

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Most are Unhealthy

Votes: 4 1.0%