Meet the R2R Moderator Team!!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by revhtree, Sep 19, 2014.

1. melypr1985

melypr1985 totally addicted Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Expert Contributor Partner Member Article Contributor

First Name: Meredith
    Why you choose your screen name: It's easy to remember since it's my email

Area of strength in the hobby: Fish disease and diagnosis, Clownfish and a little about a lot of other stuff. I work at a LFS near me and tend to have to keep myself polished up on corals and fish and even equipment or else my customers would be very disappointed.

Favorite hobbies outside of reefing: I love to garden, though I'm not very good at it. My 3 year old son takes up a lot of time, but I guess that's not really a hobby is it? I do enjoy reading and have a few favorite series that I tend to stick with and reread occasionally. Having 3 jobs doesn't help in the hobby department. ;)

What you enjoy most about the saltwater hobby
    : I love learning new things every day, helping others, and seeing the fruits of hard labor, thought, time and money come to bare. It's amazing to look back at an early full tank shot and then look at the tank now. All the changes and growth is just amazing to me. Most of all, I love the friends I have made through this hobby. They are wonderful people that I'm proud and blessed to know.

So, I'm having a hard time locating recent pictures on my new laptop. So here goes....

My wedding day. These are some of my favorite people right here. That's my sister on the far right and my husband on the left closest to me. It's one of my favorite pictures of the day. It shows our weird, fun side perfectly.
    [​IMG]

Me and my son. I was a stay at home mom for 3 years so I have tons of pictures of us together. He's my most favorite person in the world and my husband is totally cool with being #2. That's why he's #2 and not #3 lol.
    20140311_132351.jpg 20140510_145617.jpg
    One of my birthdays. My husband tends to take me to the World Aquarium in Dallas when he can't think of anything else to do for my birthday. He knows me well enough to know I still love it. :D
    [​IMG] So I guess that's it. Nice to meet ya'll

jsker, InvertEnvy, kireek and 9 others like this.
  2. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member

I'm glad that I got to know you.

steve&mari, d2mini, kschweer and 2 others like this.
  3. melypr1985

melypr1985 totally addicted Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Expert Contributor Partner Member Article Contributor

Hey Diesel! You're one of those special people that I'm blessed to know. :)

steve&mari, d2mini, 143MPCo and 3 others like this.
  4. cameronh

cameronh Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad

Your a mod now?

steve&mari and kschweer like this.
  5. melypr1985

Yes sir! ;)

6. cameronh

cameronh Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad

[​IMG] lol just kidding

steve&mari, 143MPCo and melypr1985 like this.
  7. vlangel

vlangel Seahorse whisperer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award PMAS Member Article Contributor

Congrats Meredith. You will be a great addition to the R2R team!

kireek, steve&mari, cameronh and 3 others like this.
  8. SVP

SVP Well-Known Member

Awesome diesel you were one of the first people to give me advice on this forum! And it was solid great advice! Now R2R it's all I use because of people like you. Take care

9. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member

^^^^^^Hey Bro, all my pleasure.^^^^^^^^
    Glad you like R2R but it ain't only me, we have a great team here and AMAZING members like you is a must for this forum to be not only the best we can be but just a good friendly place to hang and not only for sake of this hobby.
    How's your tank doing?

steve&mari, Tahoe61 and cameronh like this.
  10. SVP

SVP Well-Known Member

I'm right at the point of getting ready to put water into it. But I live in Cocoa Beach Florida. So I guess I am lucky that I took my time. Cause it looks like we are going to get hammered with Mathew the Class 4 hurricane it is going to go right over our town/house. We will see by Sunday if I even have a home left let alone an aquarium. I have been through a lot of hurricanes ( compared to most people) and this is by far the worst one that I have seen hit this area. It is beautiful to live down here(great weather year around, beautiful beaches and lots of fun things to do) but this is the price we pay sometimes. But I do really like the website and am grateful for how people treat you and help you without making you feel like a idiot when you ask a question because you didn't know something. Anyway I gotta get back to boarding up my home.

11. steve&mari

steve&mari Blessed Reefer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member

Prayers are sent for you and everyone in its path. Hopefully you are able to weather this storm without any problems. Keep preparing for it and stay safe.

Thank you to all the mods and the R2R team for all you guys do for our community.

Bunnee911, kireek and SVP like this.
  12. Bluecbs

Bluecbs Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your fantabulous works, keep it up.:D:D:D

13. domination2580

domination2580 Reef-a-nator R2R Supporter

Thanks guys, what you guys do for this hobby is exactly what keeps this hobby existing and growing. Without help a lot of people would just give up at the first bacterial bloom.

14. Jason mack

Jason mack Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Nice too meet you all ,and put a face too a name .. thank you all for the great work and support you give too this hobby and us all !!!

15. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor

First name:
    TJ

Why I chose my screen name:

I used to be a waiter where the biggest meal was breakfast. Also, it's just good advice.

Current tank:
    Deep Blue 80g rimless tank. 2x 250w Phoenix halides

Wrasse and sps dominant

Areas of strength:
    Fish behavior and compatibility, reef fish nutrition, and general reef knowledge.

Other hobbies and interests:
    I am very religious and involved with activities relating to that.

I have 2 young sons(ages 3 and 5 as of 3/11/17) so always on my toes with them.

Useless information, which is even less valuable in this day and age of Google. Related to that, interesting facts about nature.

Watching movies and tv.

upload_2016-8-17_17-18-53.png

Jason mack, melypr1985, Rob.D and 7 others like this.