Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to create a thread where our members could get to know the moderator team, or Team R2R, a little bit better. We are very blessed to have such a great team of hobbyists who have such a passion for the hobby as well as helping others and making R2R a great place to talk about aquariums! I appreciate all that they do and I know you do as well.

So please put your hands together and let's give our team a virtual hand clap of thanks!

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name:
Brian

Why you chose your screen name:
Because being in this hobby ya gotta be just a bit on the nutty side

Current Tank Specs:
240g Softy-Fish Tank. 8'x2'x2'

Area of strength in the hobby:
This would be the DIY part of the hobby, I love making things, its way cheaper to run em that way. If there is a way to do it outside of buyin new, Im trying it.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
I repair video games for a living, is there anything more fun than being able to play all video games for free?? Oh, and I like to golf.

I have an 11 year old lil girl that is spoiled to the hilt, the kid gets everything, so alot of my time goes into her.
I'm 51 years old, and in the gym 3 days a week, and run up and down
Thunderbird Conservation Mountain 3 days a week. Max bench would have been 430lbs, and I weigh 205, not a bad ratio for an old guy.

Oh, Married for 20 years this December.

1656.jpeg

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c230ff78-ce12-4e12-af45-101c213ad8c1_zps6031fb2d.jpg

First Name: Krista

Why You chose your screen name: I have always been fascinated with seahorses.

Current Tank Specs: 55 gallon mixed reef, 40 gallon planted seahorse tank and a 4 gallon nano

Build Thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/89592-journey-my-55-reef.html#post975621

Area of strength in the hobby: Seahorses, LPS care, and anemone care

Favorite hobby outside reefing: Pretty much anything that has to do with the outdoors

How long have you been reef keeping: Just about 5 years

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
me.jpg

First Name: Daniel

Why you chose your screen name: It's pretty much the username I use everywhere...easy to remember :)

Current Tank Specs: 50g Reef Savvy Cube

Build Thread: Daniel's Reef Savvy 50g Cube

Area of strength in the hobby: Basic hobby stuff...I'd say I'm intermediate in most areas...

Favorite hobby outside reefing: Traveling with my family, music, reading, and grilling/smoking stuff. :D

How long have you been reef keeping: A bit over 7 years

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Photo:

Randy Portrait.jpg

First Name:

I actually go by my middle name, but my full name is Stephen Randy Holmes-Farley

Why You chose your screen name: I'll let you figure this one out.

Current Tank Specs: 120 gallon mixed tank, large blue gigantea carpet anemone with ocellaris clown trio is the highlight.

Details are here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...es-farley/172508-randys-tank-description.html

Area of strength in the hobby: chemistry and science in general

How long in the Hobby: 19 years, earlier with fresh; started with a tank planted with local water plants and lots of baby bullheads that I collected in a local stream in the early to mid 1970's. :)

Favorite hobby outside reefing: photography, reading science fiction (I even wrote a Sci Fi book, but haven't published it)

Anything else?: My wife and I started dating in 1977, married a few years later. Have two adopted daughters (14 and 17). Starting to go on college/conservatory visits with the older one, who is going to study classical saxophone. Currently have two beagles. Like to spend free time at our vacation home in Rockport, Massachusetts, across the street from the ocean. I'm a professional chemist and have worked in drug discovery for more than 20 years. I'm presently a consultant, with expertise in polymer therapeutics and biomaterials.

Randy Portrait.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tonya_zpscd73ae99.jpg

Why you choose your name: My name is David and I go by "revhtree" which is a combo of my profession and last name! I am also known as just "rev" because I am a reverend/pastor at a local church here in my city.

Years in the Hobby: I have been in this hobby almost 11 years and have always had some sort of reef tank or another! I love all things ocean and reef related because it reminds me of the awesomeness of my creator!

Current tank specs: Currently I am downgraded to a 120g mixed reef. I have plans in the works for an 8 foot in the wall reef very soon! MUHAA MUHAA!

Tank Build: Here is my current tank build but it is desperate need of updating! Maybe soon! HA! https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/141224-revs-120g-reef.html

Area of strength in the hobby: I would have to say being a part of running this forum which is a place that helps the hobby as a whole grow, grow, grow!

Favorite hobby outside reefing: Outside of reefing I love spending time with my family, and watching Crimson Tide football!

I feel very blessed to be a part of this hobby and to be a part of the Reef2Reef community. My life has truly been enriched by the friends that I have met because of keeping the water filled glass boxes! Hope to see you all at local reef shows soon!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_DSC4232.jpg

First Name: Maroun Chahine
Why You chose your screen name: My name and family name initial :)
Current Tank Specs: 400G DT with a basement Sump Cube and couple of frag tanks, total system volume 800g.
Area of strength in the hobby: System Design, plumbing, electrical.
Favorite hobby outside reefing: Photography
What else would be cool to include? Born and living in Lebanon. Started my first Marine tank in 1998. Married to a very supportive wife and have two kids Joe and Julia 9&6 who just started their first FW tank. Studied Nuclear Medicine Imaging and work as Education and Application team Manager. Frequent traveler for the last 10 years which allowed me to meet many international reefers.

_DSC4232.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for all the info gang!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very nice to put a face to a name, I'm sure you don't need me to say it but, you all do a great job!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back