Status
Not open for further replies.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to create a thread where our members could get to know the moderator team, or Team R2R, a little bit better. We are very blessed to have such a great team of hobbyists who have such a passion for the hobby as well as helping others and making R2R a great place to talk about aquariums! I appreciate all that they do and I know you do as well.

So please put your hands together and let's give our team a virtual hand clap of thanks!

Rev, you don't have anyone whose passion and expertise are macros!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great group of folks! Thanks for sharing the background info. You all do a great job and make this a fun place to be!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll have to see about that :)
as that's what I love the most!

Oops, yes maybe you do and I don't know about them. I would love to as I am developing an interest in macros and could certainly benefit from another's experience. :)

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, yes maybe you do and I don't know about them. I would love to as I am developing an interest in macros and could certainly benefit from another's experience. :)

we'll meet in the photography forum then. Unless you're talking about macro alga? :)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we'll meet in the photography forum then. Unless you're talking about macro alga? :)
Yes, I am talking macro algae however I sure could use help with macro photography too but I think I need a new camera first! :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I am talking macro algae however I sure could use help with macro photography too but I think I need a new camera first! :)

Hey are you pretty knowledgeable in terms of Macro Algae?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey are you pretty knowledgeable in terms of Macro Algae?

I am learning since I have a fair amount of macro algae in my seahorse tank but I would still consider myself a novice. I hope to keep learning about all the different varieties and their needs.

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to say thank you to all of you for the opportunity to be part of this community as I am New here but I promise I spend hours reading on here every day morning and night also have learned a lot of great info in a short time what an awesome group of people

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the kind words!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

First Name: Kevin

Why you choose your screen name: Its my first initial and last name. Pretty boring but I have used it for a long time.

Current tank specs: 57g rimless and 30g frag tank.
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132739
Area of strength in the hobby: I really enjoy the planning and building of systems so plumbing, planning, and some DIY.

Favorite hobbies outside of reefing: Fishing when I can find time and also building wood fishing lures.

What you enjoy most about the saltwater hobby: The freshwater side of the hobby was passed to me from my father so that plays a big role in my enjoyment. Also having a piece of nature in my home is great. I love the relaxing feeling I get looking at the tank after a long day of work.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name:
George

Why You chose your screen name:
I chose this name because I am half Korean and half czech, hence I am a "hybrid" Asian lol.

Current Tank Specs:
6'x2'x2' 180 gallon SPS reef. It's been thru some rough times lately but is on the up and up

Build thread if you would like to follow:

http://reef2reef.com/threads/hybridazns-180-gallon-build.189795/

Area of strength in the hobby:
I consider myself a jack of all trades, I especially enjoy SPS corals but also keep acans, zoas and chalices. Basically anything that my wife and I find appeasing. I try to do as much diy as I can, but if it doesn't make sense financially or worth my time I have no problem pulling the trigger on something already made haha.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
Building race cars, I've been wrenching since I got my first dirt bike when I was 12. My first decent car build was when I was 17 and I acquired a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo. It took about 4 years to build it to what I liked and back in 2004 it made over 500 wheel hp, which back then was a lot for a street driven 4 cylinder.

Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-15-48-1.png

Here's another pic of it with my buddy's 240sx that at the time had a sr20det swap (around 2003-2004 before they became a common swap)
Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-16-05-1.png

Car has been since sold :( and I regret it. I now have this:

Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-23-54-1.png

2005 Suzuki gsxr 600 with a few mods. It's not the fastest but it gets me around until I can get my next car project going.

So some details about me, I'm 33 years old and I have been married for 9 years (10 years in july) to my beautiful wife who puts up with me and my crazy hobbies lol. We have 1 daughter who is 3 years old and the love of our lives. She def keeps us on our toes

FB_IMG_1459380457944.jpg

My daughter Jasmine and I riding a train at Christmas time lol

FB_IMG_1459380574845.jpg

My wife, daughter and myself being goofy lol

Well I think that is the basics. Anything else feel free to ask, I'm pretty easy going.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dynojet power commander?

Yup, along with a full Yoshimura header-back exhaust, k&n filter with velocity stacks. Next up I think is a 60 shot nitrous (dry)

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, along with a full Yoshimura header-back exhaust, k&n filter with velocity stacks. Next up I think is a 60 shot nitrous (dry)
nice!
Now you got me missing my R1, danger! :rolleyes:

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First name: Josue (Joshua in spanish) Married 16 years with 3 kids 15,13,11
Job: Copier Tech / Salesman
pig-costume.jpg

Why you choose your name: High school name given by a friend after watching GIJoe parody pork chop sandwiches of kids burning kitchen (Yes I burned my parents kitchen after cooking lunch for my then GF now wife)
Years in the Hobby: Since October 2011
Current tank specs: 125g zoa dominated. 30g LPS nominated (Sons tank) 2x 48x24x8 frag tanks
Tank Build: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/la...-joshporksandwic-220-zoa-dominated-build.html https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/98197-zoa-dominated-125g.html
Area of strength: Zoas and driving Rev crazy
Favorite hobby outside reefing: Playing sports and video games with the family.
Don't forget your sandwhiches! You guys look so cute in you different colored hats! Haha, dude I forgot all about those videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back