CONGRATULATIONS.jpg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name: Paul

Mentally, 17-18 years old, housed in a soon to be 65 year old body.

Why you chose your screen name: Our local fish club picked my screen name. My adult son first started in saltwater and joined a local club. He invited me to a meeting, and his screen name was OneFishTwoFish. I think you see where I’m going with this. When I showed up, the host of the meeting said, “You must be RedFishBlueFish.” And so I was!

Favorite Fish/Coral: I really don’t have favorites. My thing is keeping whatever I have alive, happy and growing. However, I have developed hatreds for certain fish and corals. Other than my clownfish pair, I will never put another damsel in my tank...those fish are devil fish. As far as corals, most softies will not be in my new tank, and will most likely not put in any fast growing SPS as well….monti’s grow like weeds in my tank.

Current tank specs: Five foot 90 gallon mixed reef with a 50 gallon sump.

Build thread: I have two build threads because my original 10+ year old tank recently split a seam, and the new thread is the total rebuild of a new tank/rock/etc.

RFBF's Five Footer

RFBF's 90 Gallon Déjà vu All Over Again

Area of strength in the hobby: I’m a tinkerer, and although I have formal degrees in chemistry and biology, I’ve been retired since 2001, and consider my DIY skills to be a more ongoing and active strength. So I’ve tackled anything plumbing, woodworking, a little metal work, and I’ve dabbled in electronics a little bit.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
This is difficult, because I have too many, and so they vary from month to month. Most recent has been flatwater kayaking….my wife and I have been enjoying getting away and paddling around in circles. But I also like anything hands on….cars, woodworking, building, etc. I use to be the engine guy for a racing team, so I’m into cars….I think now eight cars. I still do all my own repairs….most recently a head gasket on my BMW and new rotors and calibers for one of my Honda’s.

How long have you been reef keeping: Started with a 37G bowfront around 2006 and went to the current 90 around 2007/2008.

Mug Shots:
Here is where I first developed a love for the sea...I'm the one in that stylish Speedo....I believe on the rocky shores of New Hampshire:

at-the-beach-1-jpg.711960

Not long after that, this is an early picture of when I first started to use my face to break my falls. I believe three times in the hospital for chin stitching and two times for the forehead. I’m a mess!

paul-in-1959-jpg.711958

Here’s a more recent shot without bandages:

paul-in-2017-jpg.711959

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name: Paul

Age: Mentally, 17-18 years old, housed in a soon to be 65 year old body.

Why you chose your screen name: Our local fish club picked my screen name. My adult son first started in saltwater and joined a local club. He invited me to a meeting, and his screen name was OneFishTwoFish. I think you see where I’m going with this. When I showed up, the host of the meeting said, “You must be RedFishBlueFish.” And so I was!

Favorite Fish/Coral: I really don’t have favorites. My thing is keeping whatever I have alive, happy and growing. However, I have developed hatreds for certain fish and corals. Other than my clownfish pair, I will never put another damsel in my tank...those fish are devil fish. As far as corals, most softies will not be in my new tank, and will most likely not put in any fast growing SPS as well….monti’s grow like weeds in my tank.

Current tank specs: Five foot 90 gallon mixed reef with a 50 gallon sump.

Build thread: I have two build threads because my original 10+ year old tank recently split a seam, and the new thread is the total rebuild of a new tank/rock/etc.

RFBF's Five Footer

RFBF's 90 Gallon Déjà vu All Over Again

Area of strength in the hobby: I’m a tinkerer, and although I have formal degrees in chemistry and biology, I’ve been retired since 2001, and consider my DIY skills to be a more ongoing and active strength. So I’ve tackled anything plumbing, woodworking, a little metal work, and I’ve dabbled in electronics a little bit.

Favorite hobby outside reefing: This is difficult, because I have too many, and so they vary from month to month. Most recent has been flatwater kayaking….my wife and I have been enjoying getting away and paddling around in circles. But I also like anything hands on….cars, woodworking, building, etc. I use to be the engine guy for a racing team, so I’m into cars….I think now eight cars. I still do all my own repairs….most recently a head gasket on my BMW and new rotors and calibers for one of my Honda’s.

How long have you been reef keeping: Started with a 37G bowfront around 2006 and went to the current 90 around 2007/2008.

Mug Shots:
Here is where I first developed a love for the sea...I'm the one in that stylish Speedo....I believe on the rocky shores of New Hampshire:

at-the-beach-1-jpg.711960

Not long after that, this is an early picture of when I first started to use my face to break my falls. I believe three times in the hospital for chin stitching and two times for the forehead. I’m a mess!

paul-in-1959-jpg.711958

Here’s a more recent shot without bandages:

paul-in-2017-jpg.711959
congratulations Paul! Awesome news!

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First name: Josue (Joshua in spanish) Married 16 years with 3 kids 15,13,11
Job: Copier Tech / Salesman
pig-costume.jpg

Why you choose your name: High school name given by a friend after watching GIJoe parody pork chop sandwiches of kids burning kitchen (Yes I burned my parents kitchen after cooking lunch for my then GF now wife)
Years in the Hobby: Since October 2011
Current tank specs: 125g zoa dominated. 30g LPS nominated (Sons tank) 2x 48x24x8 frag tanks
Tank Build: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/la...-joshporksandwic-220-zoa-dominated-build.html https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/98197-zoa-dominated-125g.html
Area of strength: Zoas and driving Rev crazy
Favorite hobby outside reefing: Playing sports and video games with the family.
Hahaha you remind me of my brother when he dressed up as "The Greatest American Hero. LOL

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Photo:

Randy Portrait.jpg

First Name:

I actually go by my middle name, but my full name is Stephen Randy Holmes-Farley

Why You chose your screen name: I'll let you figure this one out.

Current Tank Specs: 120 gallon mixed tank, large blue gigantea carpet anemone with ocellaris clown trio is the highlight.

Details are here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...es-farley/172508-randys-tank-description.html

Area of strength in the hobby: chemistry and science in general

How long in the Hobby: 19 years, earlier with fresh; started with a tank planted with local water plants and lots of baby bullheads that I collected in a local stream in the early to mid 1970's. :)

Favorite hobby outside reefing: photography, reading science fiction (I even wrote a Sci Fi book, but haven't published it)

Anything else?: My wife and I started dating in 1977, married a few years later. Have two adopted daughters (14 and 17). Starting to go on college/conservatory visits with the older one, who is going to study classical saxophone. Currently have two beagles. Like to spend free time at our vacation home in Rockport, Massachusetts, across the street from the ocean. I'm a professional chemist and have worked in drug discovery for more than 20 years. I'm presently a consultant, with expertise in polymer therapeutics and biomaterials.

Randy Portrait.jpg
Beautiful tank stunning anemone!

Ripp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name:
Brian

Why you chose your screen name:
Because being in this hobby ya gotta be just a bit on the nutty side

Current Tank Specs:
240g Softy-Fish Tank. 8'x2'x2'

Area of strength in the hobby:
This would be the DIY part of the hobby, I love making things, its way cheaper to run em that way. If there is a way to do it outside of buyin new, Im trying it.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
I repair video games for a living, is there anything more fun than being able to play all video games for free?? Oh, and I like to golf.

I have an 11 year old lil girl that is spoiled to the hilt, the kid gets everything, so alot of my time goes into her.
I'm 51 years old, and in the gym 3 days a week, and run up and down
Thunderbird Conservation Mountain 3 days a week. Max bench would have been 430lbs, and I weigh 205, not a bad ratio for an old guy.

Oh, Married for 20 years this December.

1656.jpeg
Ripp was my my nickname in the fire department

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back