Meet the R2R Moderator Team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PherFox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to create a thread where our members could get to know the moderator team, or Team R2R, a little bit better. We are very blessed to have such a great team of hobbyists who have such a passion for the hobby as well as helping others and making R2R a great place to talk about aquariums! I appreciate all that they do and I know you do as well.

So please put your hands together and let's give our team a virtual hand clap of thanks!
Yay!

PherFox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi its nice to be apart of this forum oh how I wish we had this back in the 80's when my dad and I first had our salt tanks. Now almost 20 years later starting a new 24 gallon tank I have two storm trooper clowns and 3 differently colored damsels and coral I LOVE my coral! And a purple tipped anemone. Its a small tank but I like it. Happy good times ahead and joyfully looking forward to some great interactions

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name: Steve

Why you chose your screen name: Avid Star Wars Fan!

Favorite Fish/Coral: Lineatius Wrasse, Regal Angel, and all Torches....

Current tank specs:
55 Gallon Euphyllia Tank RSR-250, 90 Gallon FOWLR, 50 Gallon Frag Grow Out Tank. 100 Gallon Sump

Build thread:

Area of strength in the hobby: I feel I have a decent knowledge of most areas. I thrive in the Aquarium Controller Area. I am a computer geek, professionally and personally. So having an Apex Run my system, with the ability to control such cool things like Automatic Water Changes with advanced coding is right up my alley.

My biggest strength would be my want to help others on this forum. I like to give back.
Favorite hobby outside reefing:
Spending time with my son, wife and family. I smoke an occasion good cigar. I am also a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Goju Ryu Karate 32 years experience in martial Arts World.

How long have you been reef keeping: Approximately 15 years.
Previous Tanks Include:
29 Gallon AquaPod
55 Gallon Petco Special, with HOB Filter,
125 Gallon Drilled Reef Tank
220 Gallon Drilled Reef Tank,

Mug Shots:
IMG_6398.JPG

This is the day I received my 2nd Degree Black Belt Diploma from Japan!!
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_6708.JPG

My Son a few years back.. His name is Luke.... Yes Luke... I am your father... Let's get that out of the way!! lol
IMG_0002.JPG

My 2 GMC Beasts!!!
IMG_0177.jpg

Last edited:

RobertPoorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to create a thread where our members could get to know the moderator team, or Team R2R, a little bit better. We are very blessed to have such a great team of hobbyists who have such a passion for the hobby as well as helping others and making R2R a great place to talk about aquariums! I appreciate all that they do and I know you do as well.

So please put your hands together and let's give our team a virtual hand clap of thanks!
hellooooooooo

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First Name: Bruce

Why you chose your screen name: It is the watershed where I live.

Current Tank Specs: 30+ tanks (mix of saltwater and freshwater) that range from 5g to 150g. Currently am adding corals to a 10g nano and a 75g reef tank; currently am collecting saltwater killifish for a 55g native saltwater tank; and currently working with seven different species of clownfish.

Area of strength in the hobby: Breeding fish (I have bred over 100 species of fish - mostly freshwater, but about 10 species of saltwater), DIY, conservation, collecting native fishes, and encouraging fellow reefers/fish keepers.

Favorite hobby outside reefing: I am a life-long learner and my hobbies include fitness, photography, and anything related to nature.

How long have you been reef keeping: I have been keeping freshwater fish for many, many years and have been keeping saltwater fish for about 15 years.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First Name: Steve

Why you chose your screen name: Avid Star Wars Fan!

Favorite Fish/Coral: Lineatius Wrasse, Regal Angel, and all Torches....

Current tank specs:
55 Gallon Euphyllia Tank RSR-250, 90 Gallon FOWLR, 50 Gallon Frag Grow Out Tank. 100 Gallon Sump

Build thread:

Area of strength in the hobby: I feel I have a decent knowledge of most areas. I thrive in the Aquarium Controller Area. I am a computer geek, professionally and personally. So having an Apex Run my system, with the ability to control such cool things like Automatic Water Changes with advanced coding is right up my alley.

My biggest strength would be my want to help others on this forum. I like to give back.
Favorite hobby outside reefing:
Spending time with my son, wife and family. I smoke an occasion good cigar. I am also a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Goju Ryu Karate 32 years experience in martial Arts World.

How long have you been reef keeping: Approximately 15 years.
Previous Tanks Include:
29 Gallon AquaPod
55 Gallon Petco Special, with HOB Filter,
125 Gallon Drilled Reef Tank
220 Gallon Drilled Reef Tank,

Mug Shots:
IMG_6398.JPG

This is the day I received my 2nd Degree Black Belt Diploma from Japan!!
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_6708.JPG

My Son a few years back.. His name is Luke.... Yes Luke... I am your father... Let's get that out of the way!! lol
IMG_0002.JPG

My 2 GMC Beasts!!!
IMG_0177.jpg
Arctic white has always been my favorite C7 color! Always looked at getting a c7 vette but I guess then I have to change to The Corvette show! Lol

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First name: Josue (Joshua in spanish) Married 16 years with 3 kids 15,13,11
Job: Copier Tech / Salesman
pig-costume.jpg

Why you choose your name: High school name given by a friend after watching GIJoe parody pork chop sandwiches of kids burning kitchen (Yes I burned my parents kitchen after cooking lunch for my then GF now wife)
Years in the Hobby: Since October 2011
Current tank specs: 125g zoa dominated. 30g LPS nominated (Sons tank) 2x 48x24x8 frag tanks
Tank Build: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/la...-joshporksandwic-220-zoa-dominated-build.html https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/98197-zoa-dominated-125g.html
Area of strength: Zoas and driving Rev crazy
Favorite hobby outside reefing: Playing sports and video games with the family.
I am new to this hobby but already 49 , bit late into this hobby....huh. By the way we share the the same interest.....Video games and Zoas

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Fellow Hobbyist.

Is there any better hobby/interest than Reefing? I've waited a long time to get back on board. My name is Bob, 70 years young & hungry. I hope to entertain many questions and answers in time. 40+ yrs ago I had a 55gal. SFO. But this reefing, with so much product and info at your fingertips, I don't expect to fail with the support I feel will come from this Reef2Reef Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back