Mehaffy's 1100+ gallon Plywood display in North Alabama

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Alex if I wasn’t in Phoenix AZ right now I’d most likely be adding water

You don't have an auto fill valve on a controller to allow you to start filling while you are out of town? What could go wrong :) I am sure a few extra days of curing time will not hurt the tank. Looking forward to seeing the fill begin.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have an auto fill valve on a controller to allow you to start filling while you are out of town? What could go wrong :) I am sure a few extra days of curing time will not hurt the tank. Looking forward to seeing the fill begin.
I actually contemplated setting up my 75 GPD RODI. So 75 a day 5 days total 375 gallons. But my wife is home and she would either kill me or leave me if it went wrong when I’m 2000 miles away. So better to wait it’s only 5 days

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started the water fill test today. I am using RODI but I will not add salt for at least a couple of weeks. First run tank held about a week before the leak started so I am super paranoid. but with the extensive reinforcing If this thing leaks I may just put some dynamite under it and start over. I'm producing about 125 GPD so 7-10 days for complete fill.

Last edited:

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually contemplated setting up my 75 GPD RODI. So 75 a day 5 days total 375 gallons. But my wife is home and she would either kill me or leave me if it went wrong when I’m 2000 miles away. So better to wait it’s only 5 days
Been there... luckily it was just sprinklers that blew and flooded the whole back yard while i was out of town for work. Twice. Whoever uses dwv pvc for irrigation needs their fingers broke. On the bright side we had a third acre pond that was about 5 inches deep in the spring with baby ducks. And, none of it made ingress to the house :)

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was a 2 month setback. But a year or two from now it will seam like nothing. On post #502 April 26th I posted the tank is full! Now April 25th the refill is progressing. Tank now has approx 250 gallons in it and should be full around Thursday. So far So good. Fingers crossed.
IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

Disturbed;)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent the last few days reading through this when I could. I don't even keep saltwater but set up an account to follow along with this build now that I'm caught up to real time. I've been planning a big build like this for a while. I seriously doubt it will be this big though. "Tanks" for being so detailed and for providing so many with inspiration

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the fill up going?
The fill is progressing nicely. I am now over 1/2 full. Soon it will just be a waiting game of how long do I need to wait before I'm confident the upgraded area is good to go. Right now I'm not really sure how long that is 1-week 2-weeks?? a month.
IMG_3977.JPG

Back