OP
OP
Seek&Reef

Seek&Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not resting- Looks like a fish that suffered blunt force trauma from being startled and may have spinal cord damage and headed to point of being moribund. Unfortunately there is no treatment other than providing good water quality and oxygen and hope for the best

What do you think of this

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions or other ideas of cause
Sorry, no. When a fish begins behaving like this, for any reason, it is usually not possible to bring them back.
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I’ll have to put him down. I can’t stand watching him this way. If there’s no hope then there’s no sense in suffering
Sorry, remain open to any other ideas people may have, but it doesn't look good to me.....

Jay

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeekR1 one thing is for sure: you took every reasonable precaution to give it the best transition chance. From initial tank research to setup to stocking of maricultured rock to excellent feeding, disease prep timing along with slow and careful stocking from safe sources and tank volume + quality you’ve cut no dang corners that’s for sure.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Melanurus actually ran into something and had a broken jaw for four years. Couldn't close his mouth but still lived a good life until I recently lost him to a parasite. He was my favorite fish and plan on getting another eventually. Always sad to lose one.

OP
OP
Seek&Reef

Seek&Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeekR1 one thing is for sure: you took every reasonable precaution to give it the best transition chance. From initial tank research to setup to stocking of maricultured rock to excellent feeding, disease prep timing along with slow and careful stocking from safe sources and tank volume + quality you’ve cut no dang corners that’s for sure.
Thank you so much for the kind words. I’ve researched my butt off and today was a tough day. The fish is no longer suffering and I feel there was nothing that could be done. I hope he forgives me. I went ahead and took multiple sand water samples to ensure there was no sca Dinos that could’ve contributed to his decline. SCA moves into the sand at night so I was thinking if they concentrated while he was burrowed it could be the reason. No sca cells in the sand or glass just diatoms. So Dinos are beat. But hopefully I will be able to get one in the future as he was my favorite fish.

RIP Apollo:loudly-crying-face:

OP
OP
Seek&Reef

Seek&Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Melanurus actually ran into something and had a broken jaw for four years. Couldn't close his mouth but still lived a good life until I recently lost him to a parasite. He was my favorite fish and plan on getting another eventually. Always sad to lose one.
Sorry for your loss. This is my first and I’ve had him for 5 days. I don’t know what this will feel like if I lose a fish to old age after 10-20 years

Back