Melanurus Wrasse

Browneyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 yr old 65 gal tank. Had the melanurus wrasse for about a year. Noticed about 3 days ago it has a big belly and some white stringy poop stuff. I've read it may be worms. Anyone else seen this before? It's the only melanurus wrasse in tank. All my other fish are doing well. Looking for input. Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 yr old 65 gal tank. Had the melanurus wrasse for about a year. Noticed about 3 days ago it has a big belly and some white stringy poop stuff. I've read it may be worms. Anyone else seen this before? It's the only melanurus wrasse in tank. All my other fish are doing well. Looking for input. Thanks

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It probably is not worms. Nematodes and Cestodes typically do not cause stringy feces. Have you changed the fish's diet or the amount of food you are feeding it? Are the feces white opaque or white clear? It may be blocked, or it may have a protozoan infection.

It helps to have more background information, in this case, clear photos taken under white light and a short video., as well as any other history that might help (new fish added, etc.). Here is a post that describes all that:

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you post pics and even video of fish under white lighting for better assessment?
What foods are you feeding?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back