OP
OP
Pauliex77x

Pauliex77x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vibrant, its a new system. Its had light from day 1 just not strong enough i was thinking. Got the chaetomaxx IM light. Idk about iron but ive done regular wc's for 2 weeks now and there isnt anything ekse in the tank besides a pair of clowns.

OP
OP
Pauliex77x

Pauliex77x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200223_173822655.jpg

Idk. Maybe still alive but no growth

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200223_173822655.jpg

Idk. Maybe still alive but no growth
It’s will take time to grow, nothing in this hobby happens fast so hang in there. Just keep up with your weekly water change of 5% to 10% and if you have changed you fuge light to either a IM grow light or AI Fuge light you will see results. Don’t dose anything since the tank is still new you shouldn’t need a Fuge but if you have already made the investment on some macro algae then leave it in there don’t keep removing it and if you see GHA on it that means you tank still needs time as it’s just going through the “ugly stage” hope this helps..

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also make sure you remove any GHA you see in the sump or in the DT while doing your water changes. Use a NEW never used toothbrush and keep that for use with your tank only. Scrub as much as you can off.

OP
OP
Pauliex77x

Pauliex77x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does. I was just looking into dosing some iron. I dont have a GHA problem but im looking to prevent one. Phosphates were at .25 last week. After wc today they are down to .1 and nitrates are down to 5ppm. There are nutrients for it. Iron is the last think i can think of

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t dose anything, those parameters are just fine just keep up with your water changes and make sure you watch on your feedings as you only have two fish so far from I read. Keep testing your water parameters and you will be fine it will take time for the tank to mature. Just hang in there and try to not do too many things as that would prolong your success. Good luck..

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s will take time to grow, nothing in this hobby happens fast so hang in there. Just keep up with your weekly water change of 5% to 10% and if you have changed you fuge light to either a IM grow light or AI Fuge light you will see results. Don’t dose anything since the tank is still new you shouldn’t need a Fuge but if you have already made the investment on some macro algae then leave it in there don’t keep removing it and if you see GHA on it that means you tank still needs time as it’s just going through the “ugly stage” hope this helps..

I agree with that, I also got 2oz cheato from Alge Barn and didn’t see anything happening with it and thought same as you did ( my tank is also new, plugged in Jan 17)
But was told leave alone and make sure ample water flow thru sump area. Well now it’s real good , not getting crazy big but firm n healthy. So hang in there buddy things will work out

A46516C0-B4E0-4392-B803-5664F38C5BD5.jpeg

OP
OP
Pauliex77x

Pauliex77x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not panicking im just trying to avoid losing it. All paramaters are stable, there is good flow through the chamber, and the light is proven to work. Im betting its iron and other elements. I ordered a bottle of Brightwell chaetogrow that should be here tomorrow. Ill dose a few small doses and see how it goes from there.

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not panicking im just trying to avoid losing it. All paramaters are stable, there is good flow through the chamber, and the light is proven to work. Im betting its iron and other elements. I ordered a bottle of Brightwell chaetogrow that should be here tomorrow. Ill dose a few small doses and see how it goes from there.
I would avoid doing anything at the moment as you need to wait out and see what happens, chaetogrow wouldn't hurt and will help but anything outside of that I wouldn't recommend dosing as your tank and fuge both are not anywhere close to be mature enough so give it time and let mother nature do what it does best.

OP
OP
Pauliex77x

Pauliex77x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing that gets added is new water when i do a WC. There is no reason to dose anything with only a pair of small clowns and a few snails as livestock. Im still a month or two away from adding my first coral depending on how long i need keep it in quarantine. I dont think adding iron and some other trace elements for the macro will be a problem. If it doesnt work and the chaeto still completely dies off at least i tried everything i think i could have.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing that gets added is new water when i do a WC. There is no reason to dose anything with only a pair of small clowns and a few snails as livestock. Im still a month or two away from adding my first coral depending on how long i need keep it in quarantine. I dont think adding iron and some other trace elements for the macro will be a problem. If it doesnt work and the chaeto still completely dies off at least i tried everything i think i could have.
Everything except just doing nothing, Mother Nature knows best

OP
OP
Pauliex77x

Pauliex77x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to have been a trace elements problem. Since adding the chaeto grow the macro has nearly doubled in size. I dose about 6 drops daily to keep levels steady instead of doing a capful every 3 days and having them fluctuate. Thanks everyone for all the input.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back