MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND with a twist: Remembering your all-time favorite fish who passed

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Memorial Day Weekend.... remembering all those people who paid the ultimate price for our Freedoms.

American Flag America GIF by MOODMAN

I also want us to remember our favorite fish from the past.

Please post stories about your favorite fish with possible pictures

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me was a Yellow Tang I named "Apostle Paul"

About 2 years ago I accidentally overdosed Lugols Iodine which made Apostle Paul BLIND for a few days. During the blindness he would swim around but bumped into everything. Amazingly enough he could still eat by smelling where the food was still floating.

It took about a week for him to regain his sight and he returned to normal.

After the blindness, it reminded me of Apostle Paul of the Bible who was blind for 3 days on his road to Damascus .

So my Yellow was named after Apostle Paul of the Bible

He just passed away last year after an ICH outbreak which took out most of my fish

He was my favorite bc he overcame blindness (which at the time I felt horrible for him)

Last edited:

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two black ice clowns that I adored!!! The female was super sassy towards the male but in a loving way.

One day watching the tank she’s sitting in her normal spot inside a cave and the males just bouncing around and she’s keeping a watchful eye on him. He approached the opening of the cave and she’s just sitting there giving him the stink eye (pic below) and once he crossed into the opening she pounced on him and he started doing his shaky dance. Literally two minutes later he’s over checking out my gsp (they loved pods and algae) and she goes over and it looks like they were cuddling.

Sadly I lost both these clowns two neon gobys and a green clown goby to ich a day before I received my QT tank. I know will qt every fish I get.

F3ADC49D-0DE0-482B-8339-4BEB31ED61DC.jpeg

cuddle session in gsp
C8A6750F-2039-4749-970F-6DE0BA8384EC.jpeg

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My baby, still growing, but I'll probably bawl my eyes out when he's gone. Hopefully years from now.
IMG_20200310_110321_1CS.jpg

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i had a starry blenny who loved to hide in my vortech pumps when they were off. Because of it he was named ceviche, loved the little guy. He passed during a velvet outbreak.

Another was an 8" Desjardins tang, beautiful fish at an incredible size. had it since it was only 2", it died during the same outbreak.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back