Mentorship in Reef Keeping: Share your success stories and inspire others!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!

Are you a reef keeper who has had the privilege of having a mentor guide you on your reef-keeping journey? If so, we want to hear from you! Your mentorship success story can inspire others and highlight the transformative power of having a mentor in the world of reef keeping. Perhaps you didn't have a mentor, but have mentored others! If so, we'd love to hear how that has worked as well!

Having a mentor can make a remarkable difference in our reef-keeping experiences. Mentors possess a wealth of knowledge, experience, and a genuine passion for helping others succeed. They provide guidance, support, and invaluable insights that can save us from costly mistakes and help us achieve outstanding results in our reef tanks.

If you have had a mentor who positively impacted your reef-keeping experience, we invite you to share your personal success story with our community. Tell us about the valuable lessons you learned, the challenges you overcame, and the growth you experienced under their guidance. Your story can inspire and encourage fellow reef enthusiasts who may be considering seeking a mentor or looking for guidance in their own reef-keeping pursuits.

Perhaps your mentor taught you the intricacies of coral propagation, helped you master the art of water chemistry, or guided you through the process of selecting compatible tank inhabitants. Maybe they instilled in you a deep sense of environmental stewardship or provided the confidence and support needed to overcome obstacles. Whatever the case may be, your mentor's influence has played a vital role in shaping your reef-keeping journey.

By sharing your mentorship success story, you have the opportunity to express your gratitude and appreciation for your mentor while encouraging others to seek out similar guidance. Your story can serve as a beacon of inspiration and motivation for those who may be just starting out or seeking to take their reef-keeping skills to the next level.

Remember, mentorship doesn't always have to be a formal arrangement. It can also come in the form of a knowledgeable friend, an online community, or even a book that has profoundly influenced your approach to reef keeping. The key is to recognize and appreciate the impact of those who have helped shape your journey.

So, let's come together and celebrate the mentors who have positively influenced our reef-keeping experiences. Share your mentorship success story, and let's inspire others to seek out guidance, share knowledge, and foster a thriving reef-keeping community.

We can't wait to hear your stories of how a mentor has transformed your reef-keeping journey!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great post!! :)

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say having a mentor definitely makes the hobby better. I know people who have helped me go from knowing nothing to where I am at now, and I couldn't be doing this without them.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have a story to tell. I thought about publishing it, but then recinded.
In short, I had two mentors that I learned a lot from. We made a reefing community on fb for our area. One got out of reefing, and the other is slowly working there. But because of them, I am as successful as I am today. Now I help others as much as I can.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have a story to tell. I thought about publishing it, but then recinded.
In short, I had two mentors that I learned a lot from. We made a reefing community on fb for our area. One got out of reefing, and the other is slowly working there. But because of them, I am as successful as I am today. Now I help others as much as I can.
What made you not want to publish it?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have helped a few through this thread. Some are in other countries which is cool.
Now that im retired I have more time to help those that want to learn.
People make this hobby alot harder than it needs to be, imo.
Pm me anytime!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
this website/community is my mentor. everyday i learn something new.

i haven't had someone physically guide me through my journey. kind of went at it alone(aside from my GF!), but R2R definitely is the 90% of my success. the other 10% is the moonshiner group on FB.

Reefer Matt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What made you not want to publish it?
I can wait my turn. There are many professionals and highly educated people here in which my input pales in comparison.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can wait my turn. There are many professionals and highly educated people here in which my input pales in comparison.
Fair enough! You do have some good opinions and provide good advice/insights into topics, though!

Reefer Matt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

FishKeeper.mp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this website/community is my mentor. everyday i learn something new.

i haven't had someone physically guide me through my journey. kind of went at it alone(aside from my GF!), but R2R definitely is the 90% of my success. the other 10% is the moonshiner group on FB.
i thought i was the only one who thought that

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually learned and started because of a guy at the lfs. He gave me so much stuff for free to help me get started again and walked me through a lot. Then I found R2R and met so many more wonderful people that I am honored to call friends. I still learn something every day.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back