OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm....what could it be amd how to check? How to get under control? I've been running carbon the entirety of the tank being set up

I'm no expert on these types of things, but it seems like a bacterial bloom. Basically the free floating bacteria is out-competing the kind you want. So, you can either wait and see if it corrects itself, or do a water change and add more of the good bacteria to the tank with a bottled product.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no expert on these types of things, but it seems like a bacterial bloom. Basically the free floating bacteria is out-competing the kind you want. So, you can either wait and see if it corrects itself, or do a water change and add more of the good bacteria to the tank with a bottled product.
Hmm...I might have to do a water change tomorrow when my new salt gets here. What better time to try out aquaforest salt!

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! The aquascape looks really good, the fish still don't know what to do with all the extra room!

True! They spend long bits of time all huddled together like they don't have 6 feet of tank to swim. Other times they are racing up and down and through the rocks like it's a game. Of course, when I get out the camera they won't do the racing game for me.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks amazing. Especially the mickey mouse clubhouse back round lol

I always advise watching my videos on mute lol :p You can probably also hear my son repeating "right mommy" over and over. Or whatever it was he was saying at the time.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks amazing, how quiet is it from your living room ?

Thanks! If the door to the fish room is closed it's silent. If you stand in front of the tank it's just a very quiet movement of water. Nothing else. I'm really enjoying it :)

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job,tank looks great..
Thanks!
Sweet! Congrats enjoy will this Tank be a mixed reef or a specific dominant tank ?

I have eclectic taste, so it's going to be all kinds of stuff that tickles my fancy. :) Primarily I'll be focused on the fish for a while since I plan on getting some very expensive and delicate fish for this tank.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back