MERRY KESSIL-MAS And still didn’t burn the neighborhood down!!!

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think four will be just fine For a 72”. I only wanted to get three, but with my center glass brace, I didn’t think mounting one right over in the middle would be good. I only have the inner two at 50% intensity, the outer two at 20%.
Another thing I liked was the low mounting height. Works great for my low profile hood.
I hear 8” from the top of the water. I too have a center brace. 4? :rolleyes:

reefteaser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s where I have them. The Kessil mounts make this easy, but I saved more than enough money making my own to get the dongle for the app.
The other option is the wired controller. If you opt for neither the controller or the dongle you can’t use the green/red/purple colors, the effects, or the moonlights, but they are not necessary, just nice to have.
$10 worth of aluminum channel from Home Depot, some scrap wood and spray paint and I was all set. You’ll also need usb connectors. Amazon has perfectly acceptable ones much cheaper than the Kessil’s.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s where I have them. The Kessil mounts make this easy, but I saved more than enough money making my own to get the dongle for the app.
The other option is the wired controller. If you opt for neither the controller or the dongle you can’t use the green/red/purple colors, the effects, or the moonlights, but they are not necessary, just nice to have.
$10 worth of aluminum channel from Home Depot, some scrap wood and spray paint and I was all set. You’ll also need usb connectors. Amazon has perfectly acceptable ones much cheaper than the Kessil’s.
Thanks for the information! Cool on building your own mounts. I have 4 metal pipes coming out of the wall. They are perfectly spaced for 4 A360Xs. Thanks again!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back