Methylane blue with copper

Gynmonkey1044

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can methylane blue be used as a bath when copper is already present? Was hoping to use it as a bath in my QT for a couple hours before a large water change. Currently using copper power. Basically looking for best method of 2 week QT that covers fungal/bacterial in addition to parasitic. Thanks!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is Kordons RidIch? Malachite green + copper? .. ... can’t remember....Anyway So are you looking to medicate During QT as a preventive measure w/o any symptoms showing? Or as a post symptom treatment; I dunno, some medicines are supposedly a lil rough on the fishes liver and/or a human cancer risk (no doubt in Ca) ...

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can methylane blue be used as a bath when copper is already present? Was hoping to use it as a bath in my QT for a couple hours before a large water change. Currently using copper power. Basically looking for best method of 2 week QT that covers fungal/bacterial in addition to parasitic. Thanks!
MB work best in a 30 minute bath, temp matched, at 1 tsp per 5 gallon. It can be harsh on a QT's biofilter so best to do as a separate bath from the QT.
Since you are concerned "fungal/bacterial" an alternative again would be a separate bath of 60-90 minutes with Ruby Reef Rally, at 1 tsp per gallon. It has both antiseptic and antibiotic qualities but should not be mixed with copper but rather as a separate bath from the QT. Make sure to aerate and heat the entire bath.

Back